• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What you doing this weekend?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What you doing this weekend?

Hopefully something good.

Weekend before christmas and are you

1. venturing out in this dangerous world and enjoying yourself
    2. isolating
    3. hiding from everyone pre Christmas?
    4. last minute shopping

Got a little outside street party this evening. Otherwise not a lot apart from walking, loony lady friend is in the US.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Wrapping presents.

Staying away from people as much as possible because everyone who has a school aged child who hasn't had Covid already has it.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

TFA

I'm out and I'm proud!

Lunch with friends at Adam Handling in Covent Garden.

Then a mooch about the various Christmas markets followed by a warm up in a bar somewhere.

Then to the Gielgud Theatre to see 2:22 A Ghost Story.

Sunday is a zoom Christmas get together with cocktails.

How about your good self?

Comment

To be fair I will be meeting people in the week to exchange presents so want to avoid illness so I can actually meet them in person.

Last year before the tier change I drove around and dumped them on people's doorsteps like some sort of delivery person.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            To be fair I will be meeting people in the week to exchange presents so want to avoid illness so I can actually meet them in person.

Last year before the tier change I drove around and dumped them on people's doorsteps like some sort of delivery person.
            Sue Ellen = Hermes revenge?

Seriously it was the same with us last year. Trying to stay in so we can have family at XMAS.

Mrs V got her booster.

Miss V3 who had the real thing a month or so ago is off to play with a friend.

Miss V2 has it and will be out of isolation on XMAS eve = mercy run up north to collect her.

Miss V1 is doing daily tests so she can come back next week.

Later we are off to look at cars. Another one blew up.

Then I have to fix the washing machine.

Tomorrow shorten a door and other DIY bits.
            Last edited by vetran; 18 December 2021, 12:15.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Was supposed to be going down south to visit family before Xmas today. Cancelled as Son and his partner were coming to us for Xmas but her Mum has just been told her cancer is back and she is going in for Radiotherapy next week. We are now isolating and testing so they can still visit for a couple of days next week and then go back so Sons partner can be with her mum. Will go see other family between Xmas and New Year assuming we haven't gone into lockdown again.

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Gym this morning. Shopping in France this afternoon. Skiing tomorrow in Germany.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Getting festive: sausage rolls & mince pies in the oven
                  this eve playing New World
                  Making the last Crimbo gift tomorrow, watch the new bond film & then playing 7 days to die with Friends

No work until 7th Jan so wishing you all the best Crimbo you can have

Growing old is mandatory
                  Growing up is optional

Comment

Working...
                  X