• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DOOM: "Omicron Covid cases ‘doubling every two to three days’ in UK"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

So if you'd had tetanus, you'd stop getting the 10 yearly vaccinations? Or do you not bother with those shots either on the grounds that you've been vaccinated once, it should offer lifelong immunity?
    What great piece of wisdom do you offer to later reveal with that opening gambit? You have zero knowledge in this subject, you're also obviously absolutely unhealthy and have made zero adjustment in your life style to accommodate for your physical health. Would I start a conversation with Stevie Wonder on French impressionism and expect to learn anything? I don't think so.

You've been rambling about on these threads thinking you're some kind of misinformation tzar, banning anything that doesn't agree with what you've been reading on some favoured news site. You are bordering on delusional.

This is why the forum has failed miserably since you got let loose on the buttons. You cant hack any chat you disagree with based upon absolutely zero knowledge. You force yourself into all discussions with a "remember I'm a mod" crap. People should be more honest to you about how bad you are for this forum.

My only advice on this subject is that people should prepare for when they get it.

Comment

The thing I like most about your posts, Minnie, is that each one comes with its own sound effect, like a clown horn or a whoopee cushion. That, plus you’re deadly serious.

Comment

What I don't understand is why the Government, or anyone else, seems to agonize so much over anti-vaxxers. Just leave the ignorant, superstitious feckers alone. They've made their idiotic choice, so let them take their chances. But don't let them clog up hospital beds either - No vaccine should mean no hospital treatment for Covid!
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          What I don't understand is why the Government, or anyone else, seems to agonize so much over anti-vaxxers. Just leave the ignorant, superstitious feckers alone. They've made their idiotic choice, so let them take their chances. But don't let them clog up hospital beds either - No vaccine should mean no hospital treatment for Covid!
          As said many times since 2016 - be careful what you wish for...
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

You should remember that with 90% of ICU beds, at roughly £3k a day and occupied for an average 11 days, treating unvaccinated people and so preventing their availability for the more normal three days needed in pre-Covid times, they are effectively cutting ICU capacity by 75%. I think HMG are actually perfectly correct to worry about the wilfully unvaccinated idiots. They are a minority who are putting others at risk as well as absorbing resources we desperately need.
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Gonna be another lockdown. Getting that mood music, loads of staff issues in the NHS now.

Comment

They'll have to agree to a test first. Many are anti-testers, so we won't know if they die of covid, with covid nor without covid.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I can see the argument for it, but it's a slippery slope and not one I'd want to start going down. What next? Smokers, drinkers, the obese, extreme sports fanatics, idiots just being idiots? A lot of stuff that lands you in hospital is your own fault, one way or another.

FWIW Singapore I believe, which has a decent public health system, now charges the unvaccinated for Covid care.

Comment

Originally posted by mattster View Post

I can see the argument for it, but it's a slippery slope and not one I'd want to start going down. What next? Smokers, drinkers, the obese, extreme sports fanatics, idiots just being idiots? A lot of stuff that lands you in hospital is your own fault, one way or another.
                    Fair point, and that may be what Sue Ellen was also thinking in saying "Careful what you wish for"

FWIW Singapore I believe, which has a decent public health system, now charges the unvaccinated for Covid care.
                    Ah now that's more like it. Very sound idea!
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

183k!

Comment

Working...
                      X