• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DOOM: "Omicron Covid cases ‘doubling every two to three days’ in UK"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/

Record breakers....Record breakers.....
    The highest prior figure was 81,453 on 30/12/2020. That was exceeded this year on the 13th December.

But hospitalisations are around 1/3 of what they were then. And deaths 1/10.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      But hospitalisations are around 1/3 of what they were then. And deaths 1/10.
      Can take 4-5 weeks till death from infection and this variant was discovered a month ago.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post

geez, you lot of whining chunts STILL batting on? as if you make a difference to anything.
        You make a difference ... you give us someone to look down on and feel superior to
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Can take 4-5 weeks till death from infection and this variant was discovered a month ago.
          But the lag for hospitalisation are about 10 days after the peak infection, deaths about 2 weeks. Deaths and hospitalisations are still very low compared to 1 or 2 weeks before the January 2021 peak. The death curve is even trending downwards at the moment.

Comment

It's going to get bad in hospitals. I think they suspect its going to be worse than before. There is quite a bit of initial work that gets done when you go in for covid, xrays, heart trace, blood work and not everyone that goes in will be hospitalised. It takes about 4 hours to do all this and you're probably going to be in a corridor. They have a blood test they give you at the usual 10 day point that tells them if you're going to be screwed. If that bit gets overwhelmed and I think that is the worry then it's going to go bad. I'm guessing these extra bits in the hospitals is for this triage space. Which they have never bothered with before.

I was told 4 weeks ago we would absolutely have to go into national lock down, I'm not sure if that will be the case but i'm surprised people are still dismissing this as hospital admissions are rising like crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              It's going to get bad in hospitals. I think they suspect its going to be worse than before. There is quite a bit of initial work that gets done when you go in for covid, xrays, heart trace, blood work and not everyone that goes in will be hospitalised. It takes about 4 hours to do all this and you're probably going to be in a corridor. They have a blood test they give you at the usual 10 day point that tells them if you're going to be screwed. If that bit gets overwhelmed and I think that is the worry then it's going to go bad. I'm guessing these extra bits in the hospitals is for this triage space. Which they have never bothered with before.

I was told 4 weeks ago we would absolutely have to go into national lock down, I'm not sure if that will be the case but i'm surprised people are still dismissing this as hospital admissions are rising like crazy.
              Not often I say this but I'm 100% in agreement with you.

Proper restrictions should have been brought in probably 4 weeks ago on mass indoor gatherings and restrictions on numbers in shops etc should have come back.

Instead of pumping out a public health message, mainstream TV news has been getting their expert public health opinion pieces done by nightclub, bar and restaurant owners.
              When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post

Not often I say this but I'm 100% in agreement with you.

Proper restrictions should have been brought in probably 4 weeks ago on mass indoor gatherings and restrictions on numbers in shops etc should have come back.

Instead of pumping out a public health message, mainstream TV news has been getting their expert public health opinion pieces done by nightclub, bar and restaurant owners.
                I just read a cautiously optimistic piece in The Times. The most recommend comment rants and raves about how MSM is scaremongering and all restrictions should be relaxed, since Omicron is "no worse than flu".

Crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  I just read a cautiously optimistic piece in The Times. The most recommend comment rants and raves about how MSM is scaremongering and all restrictions should be relaxed, since Omicron is "no worse than flu".

Crazy.
                  What like the flu pandemic of 1918?
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/

189, 846
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

11,918 in hospital (+3659) - that would be people who were diagnosed couple of weeks ago when we "only" had 60-70k

They'll have to call lockdown at 20k in hospital, so that's 2 weeks from now max.

Comment

Working...
                      X