• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DOOM: "Omicron Covid cases ‘doubling every two to three days’ in UK"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mal clearly just wants a bit of validation from strangers on the internet about how smart he is.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

"Omicron likely biggest threat of Covid pandemic so far, says UK health chief

Head of UK Health Security Agency warns MPs to expect ‘staggering’ growth rate in coming days

The head of the UK Health Security Agency has called the Omicron variant “probably the most significant threat” since the start of the pandemic as she told MPs to expect “staggering” growth rate over the coming days.

Dr Jenny Harries told the Commons transport select committee on Wednesday that it was still too early to judge the potential risk of the new Covid variant and warned that the virus was “growing faster”.

Her stark warning came after the government’s most senior public health adviser, Dr Susan Hopkins, told MPs on Tuesday that Omicron infections in Britain could reach 1m a day by the end of the month.

“It’s probably the most significant threat we’ve had since the start of the pandemic and I’m sure for example the numbers that we see on data over the next few days will be quite staggering compared to the rate of growth that we’ve seen in cases for previous variants,” Harries said."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...s-health-chief

Clearly Dr Jenny Harries does not read malvolio on here, that's total incompetence to ignore such an eminent expert in everything, she must be sacked at once and malvolio installed as the Head of the UK Health Security Agency.

Comment

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59673150 - just under 80k new cases in 24 hours. Highest number ever, and something like 50% up on the start of the week. Omicron has properly arrived?

Comment

Oh Dear!!

78,610 UK cases today.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Oh Dear!! 78,610 UK cases today.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

We need to wait until the new year to see the number of hospitalisations

Oh and if you are in London (or been in London) and have cold symptoms - GET TESTED FOR COVID AS IT IS UNLIKELY TO BE A COLD
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Testing capacity will create an artificial cap on infections - they'll probably start only testing symptomatic again, will have to wait will ONS report to get clearer picture.

Lockdown in January for sure now...

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

We need to wait until the new year to see the number of hospitalisations

Oh and if you are in London (or been in London) and have cold symptoms - GET TESTED FOR COVID AS IT IS UNLIKELY TO BE A COLD
                  Probably everywhere by now. Just assume you have it! Stay home, eat mince pies, save lives... I think this is Boris' new motto for today's briefing.

Comment

80k. That's it. Another lockdown on the horizon, probably in the next couple of days. That's what I think is going to happen. Everything closed apart from vital shops and mandatory vaccination like in other European countries.

Hope you all have done your Christmas shopping already.

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
                      80k. That's it. Another lockdown on the horizon, probably in the next couple of days. That's what I think is going to happen. Everything closed apart from vital shops and mandatory vaccination like in other European countries.

Hope you all have done your Christmas shopping already.
                      Too late to bother IMO. 80k is the number of people infected say 5 days ago, itself an undercount by at least 50% so we are probably nearing 500k new cases today alone, if not more, who will show up in the test results after the weekend.

It is quite something to watch a virus spread as quickly as this. Just imagine if this was properly lethal, half the country would be wiped out in a month.

Comment

Working...
                      X