• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DOOM: "Omicron Covid cases ‘doubling every two to three days’ in UK"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lost It View Post
    He must be one of those rare employers in the leisure industry that has plenty of people queuing up for jobs with him.
    plenty of employers still believe that, just look at Salt Bae paying peanuts.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

93k cases today compared with 88k yesterday and ~80 the day before - 3 records in a row.

Rumblings of further restrictions but it seems so far, only in the devolved nations.
      Tonight is a meal out with my choir ~20 people. We sang together yesterday and we're in the NE with small-O so far so this will be my last activity of the year I think. Doctor's appointment tomorrow, booster on Monday can both go ahead regardless, and we're not going away for Xmas (and my wife had her booster a few weeks back) so it's not the end of the world.

I did hum and haw quite a lot and was a little surprised the events both went ahead without any people pulling out. Let's see where I am in a week!
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

So here is a very strange thing: infections doubled but Omicron cases supposedly make up a very small proportion of the increase???

Comment

90,418 tested positive "today", probably at limits of testing capacity

Comment

The Netherlands locks down.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

Well, I’m on the train to St Pancras and it’s rammed and while most have masked some don’t.

I’m wearing a FFP2 mask but I’m not confident at the moment. I’m going to be wary for the journey.
              So I’m back, and a very pleasant time was had by all. The Counting House had full tables, but you could swing a multitude of cats from the door to the bar.

On the Saturday I wanted to see London, but didn’t fancy being inside at the V&A so I walked from from East to West and completed 10+ miles by the time I got to St Pancras.

Points of note:
              • Although it wasn’t a busy as the Saturday before Christmas, it was still reasonably busy. I was surprised at the numbers of families out to see the sights. The Disney store had ‘1 out, 1 in’ going on and Hamley’s elves were doing a roaring trade in selfies.
              • The size of the anti-vax protest was pathetic, they had to spread out to fill Parliament Square (good social distancing, I thought) and the tourists were looking at them and taking photos the way they would a the monkey house at London Zoo.
              • Almost everyone was wearing a mask around Borough Market but there was about a 50-50 split of masks worn outside. I put my mask on walking along South Bank and Regent Street and Oxford Street, but didn’t need it around St James Park.
              Anyway, I’ve tested neg today, but will try again on Wednesday so we’ll see where we are then.
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I was surprised at the numbers of families out to see the sights.
                Tourists from up North?

Comment

The Counting House, good choice.

Comment

So I’m back, and a very pleasant time was had by all. The Counting House had full tables, but you could swing a multitude of cats from the door to the bar.

On the Saturday I wanted to see London, but didn’t fancy being inside at the V&A so I walked from from East to West and completed 10+ miles by the time I got to St Pancras.

Points of note:
                    • Although it wasn’t a busy as the Saturday before Christmas, it was still reasonably busy. I was surprised at the numbers of families out to see the sights. The Disney store had ‘1 out, 1 in’ going on and Hamley’s elves were doing a roaring trade in selfies.
                    • The size of the anti-vax protest was pathetic, they had to spread out to fill Parliament Square (good social distancing, I thought) and the tourists were looking at them and taking photos the way they would a the monkey house at London Zoo.
                    • Almost everyone was wearing a mask around Borough Market but there was about a 50-50 split of masks worn outside. I put my mask on walking along South Bank and Regent Street and Oxford Street, but didn’t need it around St James Park.
                    Anyway, I’ve tested neg today, but will try again on Wednesday so we’ll see where we are then.
                    Went to the Counting House myself last Friday after bailing on the CUK drinks (actually, went to the Lamb tavern first, but then the Counting House). Love that pub ... was heaving last Friday when I was there.
                    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X