• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

That party that never happened, or did it, or didn't it.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

I don't see much Starmer hate, just ridicule. He seems like a solid chap and might be capable but how would be ever know when he's so silent and effectual? An invisible Opposition of late.
    Don't disagree that he could be a more effective leader of the opposition, but he has at least made some progress on weeding out the far left and installing a competent shadow cabinet - I'm impressed with a few, such as Wes Streeting. I would have preferred Dan Jarvis or maybe Andy Burnham as leader, maybe that will happen one day, but almost anything would be better than the government we have right now IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by mattster View Post
      but almost anything would be better than the government we have right now IMO.
      The pig shagger suddenly looks like an upstanding character. Even Bliar told fewer porkies.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Are there any likely front runners, to replace Bojo, that would be any more palatable?
        Most of them make me
        Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
          Are there any likely front runners, to replace Bojo, that would be any more palatable?
          Most of them make me
          Front runners? Truss, Sunk, Gove.
          Outsiders: Patel, Javid, Mogg.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

The pig shagger suddenly looks like an upstanding character. Even Bliar told fewer porkies.
            I remember plenty of deflection and question avoiding with previous prime ministers and ministers of all stripes. The outright lying, often on the record, and often whilst smirking, is something wholly new to me. This isn't just about lockdown parties, either - I mean we were only freshly embroiled in the decorating scandal last week. Much of it is trivial on the surface, but the fact that he is so willing to lie about these things is much more of a red flag than the crimes themselves in many cases. It is his default response, and probably has been since childhood.

Comment

I don't think Gove or Mogg have a prayer, thankfully. Truss is apparently the favourite amongst the party members, although God only knows why. Rishi is the only competent one, and the one that probably scares me the most in terms of both being electable and what he might end up doing.

Comment

I don't think Mogg has much desire for it does he?
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

He doesn't (as it might expose some of his off-shore business), but I suspect there will be an expectation that he would stand in the first round.

Comment

I've never got the impression he had any interest, no. Has he ever put himself forward in the past? I suspect that even he has the self awareness to realise that he is unelectable and, as as mentioned above I think he has quite a bit going on the "business" side that he would prefer left unscrutinised.

Comment

Starmer is a gift for the Tories. No particular hate, I think, it's more that he's a bit hapless, a bit of a non-entity. A bit meh. If that's the choice at the next GE, turnout probably won't be very high. But I assume that won't be the choice, not now.

Comment

Working...
                      X