• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

That party that never happened, or did it, or didn't it.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    It is someone who is into their Game Theory.
    And Boris is the big game?

Comment

Boris is preparing a stunt double to fake his own death...

Click image for larger version

Name:	8e2489a4-26d7-49fa-ab5d-2b8a8859ce97.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	4199411
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
        And as important as these details might be to us, what really matters is how Tory MPs answer the question, "is he an electoral liability?". I think that is rapidly becoming "yes", in which case the facts no longer matter w/r to his survival. May elections will consolidate that view and I reckon he's looking very vulnerable afterwards, if not before.
        I don't think there is any question that Boris is gone before the next GE, it is just a matter of when. I think that was locked in before Christmas quite honestly, with the rest of them biding their time and letting as much tulip as possible accumulate on him before they give him the push and try to go into the election with a clean slate. Hopefully it won't work - people have surely had enough of this corrupt shower of incompetents, and in any case I don't think Rishi or Truss are anything like as electable as Boris was.

Comment

It's a free ride for anyone not drastically unlikeable next time, the way Starmer is going though. "We replaced Boris" might be all the Tories need to get some votes back!

Comment

As long as people will refuse to realise that it's not just the leader of the party, but many of the others in senior positions who are corrupt and incompetent.
            But hey ho, keep voting Tory and blame the media.

Just think how the Express/Mail/Telegraph would have reacted if Diane Abbott had 10 people round to her house.
            Keep voting Tory, keep blaming everyone else, keep believing the lie.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by mattster View Post
              I don't think there is any question that Boris is gone before the next GE, it is just a matter of when.
              Until today, I wouldn't necessarily have agreed with that because a *lot* is baked in with Boris. Everyone knew he was a lying philanderer, including many of the people that voted for him. Unfortunately, he won't have Corbyn or Brexit to boost him next time. However, as of today, I wouldn't rule out him getting ditched even before the May local elections. Probably more likely to be early summer, though, before Parliament breaks up, followed by a contest over summer. The May local elections will be actual proof that he's a liability, moreso than a few by-elections and polls.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                It's a free ride for anyone not drastically unlikeable next time, the way Starmer is going though. "We replaced Boris" might be all the Tories need to get some votes back!
                I don't get the Starmer hate, although I see plenty of bots posting similar to the above on twitter etc. Starmer is honest, capable - and rather boring. That might be just what people are after after this tulipshow. The problem with the current crop of parliamentary Tories is that I'm not sure there is anyone who is isn't drastically unlikeable. The best of them jumped/were pushed at the last GE - e.g. Rory Stewart. Will any of them ever be welcomed back?

Comment

Originally posted by mattster View Post

I don't get the Starmer hate, although I see plenty of bots posting similar to the above on twitter etc. Starmer is honest, capable - and rather boring. That might be just what people are after after this tulipshow. The problem with the current crop of parliamentary Tories is that I'm not sure there is anyone who is isn't drastically unlikeable. The best of them jumped/were pushed at the last GE - e.g. Rory Stewart. Will any of them ever be welcomed back?
                  I don't see much Starmer hate, just ridicule. He seems like a solid chap and might be capable but how would be ever know when he's so silent and effectual? An invisible Opposition of late.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Just think how the Express/Mail/Telegraph would have reacted if Diane Abbott had 10 people round to her house.
                    Or if Matt Hancock was caught snogging someone, or Dom was caught traveling to Barnard Castle.
                    Several Labour and SNP MPs have been caught breaking the rules.

Don't let the truth get in the way of your bias though. It's all the Tories, everyone else is pure as the driven snow, blah blah blah.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      Or if Matt Hancock was caught snogging someone, or Dom was caught traveling to Barnard Castle.
                      Several Labour and SNP MPs have been caught breaking the rules.

Don't let the truth get in the way of your bias though. It's all the Tories, everyone else is pure as the driven snow, blah blah blah.
                      No, it's not ALL the Tories, just the last decade in power.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X