• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Attempt at a serious topic] What is your attitude to money?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indifferent

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Want to contribute towards our new church roof?
      Have a word with the franchiser.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Only a Cooper S?

You want an automatic JCW with all the works....
        I do I do! Didn't rate the minis until I got the Cooper S. I'm pretty blown away. Goes like stink, big car feel inside, looks different enough. Am converted. Great piece of kit. JCW next if I can find one I like.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

I do I do! Didn't rate the minis until I got the Cooper S. I'm pretty blown away. Goes like stink, big car feel inside, looks different enough. Am converted. Great piece of kit. JCW next if I can find one I like.
          Minis are awesome. They are really fun to drive (the Italian Job movie, the one with Mark Wahlberg and Charlize Theron used 2 electric Cooper and 1 Cooper S). Unfortunately there is no de-restricted autobahn equivalent in the UK so it is not possible to responsibly unleash their engine power at speed here other than at a race track.
          Last edited by oleanderwand; 6 December 2021, 14:27.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Good luck hunting - it took me 6 months to find mine..
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

For those savers out there who have difficulty spending the cash they have what keeps you incentivized to work? This is a question that has come up often as a result of the pandemic - Many people felt that they dont need the financial rewards of work and threw in the towel

Do savers here who are frugal (and not stingy) actually ever choose to exercise voluntary retirement rather than forced termination ?!

Comment

Originally posted by NowPermOutsideUK View Post
                For those savers out there who have difficulty spending the cash they have what keeps you incentivized to work? This is a question that has come up often as a result of the pandemic - Many people felt that they dont need the financial rewards of work and threw in the towel

Do savers here who are frugal (and not stingy) actually ever choose to exercise voluntary retirement rather than forced termination ?!
                To be fair I have a fairly easy life they pay me to put up with stupidity and penny pinching!

Retirement is not far away though. It will be partial and hopefully on my terms.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NowPermOutsideUK View Post

I’m only 40
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

I’m only 40
                    What's that got to do with anything? If you can afford to retire, or semi-retire, then why not? Enjoy life while you're young enough to make the most of it!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

What's that got to do with anything? If you can afford to retire, or semi-retire, then why not? Enjoy life while you're young enough to make the most of it!
                      Indeed if I had my time again I would partially retire ASAP I don't love work!
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X