• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Crisp shortage - life or death

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crisp shortage - life or death

A couple are spending hours hunting for a specific type of Walkers crisp amid a national shortage as it is one of the only things their daughter will eat.

I'm drawn to the question how they found out that's the only flavour of crisps she'll eat... ready salted won't do, it has to be sea salt. I'm picturing a family with an ill toddler working their way through a mountain of crisps and snacks "Paprika Doritos... no. Pickled Onion Monster Munch... no. Kettle Seat Salted chips... no. Walkers sea salted crisps... hang on a minute!"

Darkly comic given the poor little girl. If I worked at Walkers PR I'd give the family a lifetime supply.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Not sure this story is true, I keep reading that there are no shortages of anything in this country and every single supermarket shelf is full to overflowing.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Can't be true. The only crisps worth hunting for are Seabrooks.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Can't be true. The only crisps worth hunting for are Seabrooks.
        Oh yeah nice shout, Canadian Ham are the best.

Fight me.

qh
        He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post

Fight me.

qh
          Good old salt and vinegar for me. Got a nice bite to them.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Crisps advertised by Lineker, nah!
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

The shortage was caused by " a recent IT upgrade" - come on, someone on here needs to own up to this.

qh
              He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Fight me.

qh
                Not crisps, but I'm going to throw these into the ring...
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

My favourite is the now-defunct:

Click image for larger version

Name:	515fYdP52gL._AC_.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	4192797

There's even a petition... https://www.change.org/p/walkers-cri...cheese-moments
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

The shortage was caused by " a recent IT upgrade" - come on, someone on here needs to own up to this.

qh
                    Pepsico did this, and it's hit all of their other brands (including Quakers oats, which nobody cares about). I wonder if they got somebody "cheap" to do it...
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                    X