• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I travel with teenager

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I travel with teenager

We are off to France early in the new year. My teenager is not fully vaccinated.

Has anyone been in this position?

confusing messages from gov.uk. It says teen needs a test (not self administered). Lots of companies sell £20 antigen tests which say they are good for entry into EU, but they ARE self administered (then you get a confirmation email I think)

personal experience would be useful.

ta

I use Qured and you can pay an extra tenner for them to do a zoom call with you to prove you've done the test correctly. You then take a photo of the result with your passport and they send you a certificate within an hour.

Really good service, helpful if you have any issues. Doesn't cost the earth.

Comment

Originally posted by Archangel View Post
      We are off to France early in the new year. My teenager is not fully vaccinated.

Has anyone been in this position?

confusing messages from gov.uk. It says teen needs a test (not self administered). Lots of companies sell £20 antigen tests which say they are good for entry into EU, but they ARE self administered (then you get a confirmation email I think)

personal experience would be useful.

ta
      By not fully vaccinated so you mean one jab only?

I am looking at countries for Xmas and they say 16 year old's need to be fully vaccinated but we only give them one jab in the UK so it is confusing

Comment

Fyi I went to France recently and restaurants check vaccination status - but not sure what age this starts at

Comment

The UK is completely at odds with the rest of the world regarding how many jabs a child needs to be fully vaccinated which really isn't helpful for travel.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            The UK is completely at odds with the rest of the world regarding how many jabs a child needs to be fully vaccinated which really isn't helpful for travel.
            +1 - I'm glad both my two are old enough to be completely vaccinated.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
              Fyi I went to France recently and restaurants check vaccination status - but not sure what age this starts at
              On their 11th birthday.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

On their 11th birthday.
                Ok wow so an unvaccinated 11 year old cannot dine in a restaurant in France?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  For 16/17 year olds, at least, it looks as if the guidance has been updated as of this morning (https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-for-under-50s)

I don't know how long the "updated guidance" will take to come into effect, but as a just sub-50 year old I am quite keen on getting a booster, so hopefully it won't be too long. Assuming of course that what this adviser is saying is bound to become policy - I am not super clear on that.

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post

Ok wow so an unvaccinated 11 year old cannot dine in a restaurant in France?
                    You don't have to take children to France...
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X