• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just For The Taste Of It...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just For The Taste Of It...

Irn Bru!

I thought it tasted a bit like bubble gum when I first had it as a young teen in London.

Seems other non-Scots don't mind it either.
    https://www.theguardian.com/environm...n-bru-any-good

Alongside a post-work dram of whisky and a lunchtime haggis, delegates at Cop26 have been getting acquainted with another Scottish delicacy: Irn-Bru. Gleaming mounds of the rust-coloured drink are on sale throughout the SEC convention centre in Glasgow, and it has proved a hit with people from all corners of the planet – and a miss with others.

The Zimbabwean presidential spokesperson got the party started on Monday, sharing a picture reportedly showing members of the delegation emerging from a Glasgow Costco with trolleys full of Irn-Bru and alcohol for an event that evening. The drink, which Donald Trump banned from his luxury golf resort in Turnberry in 2018, also has a new fan from the South Pacific.

Dreli Solomon, a negotiator from Vanuatu, has drunk the orange fizzy drink twice a day since he first tried it. “It’s my first time in Scotland. I’ve never seen this drink before. I’ve tasted it and I am hooked on it,” he said, enjoying a can over lunch in the Cop26 food hall. “It’s boosting me, giving me adrenaline. I like it.”

Azeez Abubakar, a youth climate campaigner from Nigeria, has also given the drink a thumbs up. “Since I got to Scotland, it’s the main drink. It’s mostly available in the different stores and I have discovered that it’s unique to Scotland. I don’t see it anywhere else in the world,” he said at a a nearby table in the food hall.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

It's not just banned in Trump's resort, it's banned from export into the USA.

I rather like it - every now and then - but it has to be the proper full sugar stuff.

Now what I'd love to find again is Tizer
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Irn Bru extra - cold or with ice and cheap mixing scotch.

Its nectar!
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Scotland - the only country in the world where coca-cola is the number 2 carbonated soft drink

because Irn Bru is better.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I had a similar experience in Malta with Kinnie. Got totally addicted to it during a visit a couple of years ago and can't get it anywhere else other than via mail order / online.

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

"Diet" Irn Bru is rotten. Proper Irn Bru is quite good for hangovers I discovered, when it was free in the client's drinks machine.
            Formerly Sausage Surprise but forgot password on account that had email address from old gig

Comment

Originally posted by Wobblyheed View Post
              "Diet" Irn Bru is rotten. Proper Irn Bru is quite good for hangovers I discovered, when it was free in the client's drinks machine.
              Extra is worth a try. Sugar free and quite tasty.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Extra is worth a try. Sugar free and quite tasty.
                It's the sugar in drinks that helps hangovers.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                X