• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I'm going to get high...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to get high...

... and drive a train. Then get surprised if I get caught.

FFS how did he really not know they would drug and alcohol test him asap?

https://metro.co.uk/2021/10/28/londo...aine-15499615/

A train which smashed through barriers and stopped inches from a station building was being driven by a man allegedly under the influence of cocaine.

Around 50 people were evacuated by firefighters from the morning Overground service on October 12.

It jutted over the tracks at Enfield station in north London after coming to rest just before glass windows of a ticket office at 8.15am.

The driver, 39, from Essex, was arrested on Tuesday on suspicion of endangering the safety of the railway and being unfit to work on a transport system through drink or drugs.

A routine blood test was taken and allegedly revealed cocaine present, The Sun reports.

The driver, who was said to be ‘experienced’, has been released on bail until November 19.

It’s understood he has been suspended by Arriva Rail London.

A source said: ‘This has caused shock among his colleagues because it’s a very serious incident.

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Its not like they take any great care over driver behaviour. Speeding is horribly common on closed tracks with vehicles having transponders.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...-died-24566278

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/s...speed-23284515

Send a few bosses to prison. Focus their minds.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Send a few bosses to prison. Focus their minds.
      What on not doing regular drug and alcohol testing as a deterrent? Wonder what that comes under under the various H&S acts?

Comment

We all know how alcohol works, time in system, effects on you and the like but I'll bet a vast majority of people, including the people that use the drugs don't understand it to the same level as alcohol. I certainly don't but from what I understand is the effects of cocaine only last a short period but it stays in your system for up to 4 days. So what I don't understand about the article is... under the effects mean he was actually on a high and had been taking it in the last few hours or he's been found with it in his system from possibly the weekend? Same for cannabis. It can stay in your system for many days so if someone had a smoke at the weekend would they fail a roadside test 4 days later and if they did does it still impair their ability to drive?

Until they start doing public announcements and give post drug taking affects the air time and take it as seriously as they do alcohol then people aren't going to change.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

What on not doing regular drug and alcohol testing as a deterrent? Wonder what that comes under under the various H&S acts?
          It should come under standard procedure for all PSV drivers to be tested regularly not just 'routinely' after an accident as I suspect the twisted words mean.

If he had been tested before driving the train many people would have been safer.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

It should come under standard procedure for all PSV drivers to be tested regularly not just 'routinely' after an accident as I suspect the twisted words mean.

If he had been tested before driving the train many people would have been safer.
            I thought tube and train drivers were randomly tested as well as being tested routinely after an accident.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              We all know how alcohol works, time in system, effects on you and the like but I'll bet a vast majority of people, including the people that use the drugs don't understand it to the same level as alcohol. I certainly don't but from what I understand is the effects of cocaine only last a short period but it stays in your system for up to 4 days. So what I don't understand about the article is... under the effects mean he was actually on a high and had been taking it in the last few hours or he's been found with it in his system from possibly the weekend? Same for cannabis. It can stay in your system for many days so if someone had a smoke at the weekend would they fail a roadside test 4 days later and if they did does it still impair their ability to drive?
              I know prisoners start taking heroin if there are random/routine drug tests as it passes through your system quicker than cannabis.

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Until they start doing public announcements and give post drug taking affects the air time and take it as seriously as they do alcohol then people aren't going to change.
              I thought a service like this https://www.talktofrank.com/ would tell you how long each drug lasts in your system.

Looks up cannabis - yep it does.

Comment

Last time I travelled by rail there were several near misses with trains travelling in the opposite direction - you have to wonder what these drivers are playing at.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDude View Post
                  Last time I travelled by rail there were several near misses with trains travelling in the opposite direction - you have to wonder what these drivers are playing at.
                  Chicken on a railway line?

Comment

Originally posted by TheDude View Post
                    That should be sorted by signalling.
                    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Working...
                    X