• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Choose That Number Plate With Care...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Choose That Number Plate With Care...

or you could be getting a fine from someone who can't cross the road properly.

https://metro.co.uk/2021/10/18/surre...lane-15439916/

A driver was fined for being in the bus lane after cameras picked up a woman wearing a T-shirt with ‘knitter’ printed on it.

The pedestrian appears to have been mistaken for the car of David and Paula Knight whose number plate reads ‘KN19 TER’.

Surrey-based David, 54, knew something was wrong when he received a penalty charge notice from Bath Council, despite not having been near the city.

He and Paula looked closer at the ‘photographic evidence’ provided and noticed that there was no vehicle pictured, the Daily Mail reported.

Instead a woman was seen strolling down the road proudly displaying the novelty T-shirt

The couple contacted the council who thankfully saw the funny side and agreed to waive the £90 fine.

Paula, 54, a mother of two, said that the council call handler ‘burst out laughing’ when told about the blunder.

‘Obviously no one had looked at the picture and it had been computer generated’, she said.

David, whose personalised number plate is a nod to his nickname ‘Knighter’ said: ‘We’ve been laughing about it a lot. There was no way I was going to pay for a woman walking in a bus lane with a funny T-shirt on!’

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

This is why, under GDPR (or whatever the UK now calls it), you have the right to challenge automated decisions that have been made against you and demand that a human makes an assessment.

Comment

Not reading that! I DEMAND the DM version.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        Not reading that! I DEMAND the DM version.
        It's new but not as you know it....

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          The couple contacted the council who thankfully saw the funny side and agreed to waive the £90 fine.
          So they didn't agree to waive the £90 fine because it wasn't chargeable in the first place?
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I've had a new t-shirt made up and walked close to a few bus that have with cameras. I cannot wait until we hear a similar news report from the owner of the car with number plate W4N KER

Actually, it's probably someone on here.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
              I've had a new t-shirt made up and walked close to a few bus that have with cameras. I cannot wait until we hear a similar news report from the owner of the car with number plate W4N KER

Actually, it's probably someone on here.
              Offensive number plates aren't allowed.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                or you could be getting a fine from someone who can't cross the road properly.
                I don't think the lady with the novelty jumper was the one issuing the fine.

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                X