• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Another MP has been stabbed (update - murdered)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another MP has been stabbed (update - murdered)

https://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/196...-leigh-church/

MP Sir David Amess has been stabbed in major incident at his constituency surgery in Leigh.

The Tory MP for Southend West was holding a surgery at the Belfairs Methodist Church, in Eastwood Road North.

A man reportedly ran into the church in the last hour, before the MP was stabbed "several times".

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Apparently he's fighting for his life.

Air ambulance on the scene.
    Last edited by SueEllen; 15 October 2021, 12:53.

Comment

Poor chap hope he pulls through.

"If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

Comment

I seriously wonder what is up with people. I hope they catch the fecker and don't go lenient on them because their dog got run over when they were 7.
        Click here to come to the CUK Xmas do on 10 Dec! Meet your board heroes!

Comment

Now reported as fatal - hope the perpetrator is locked away for good.

Comment

I looked at his Wikipedia page, he was a good MP to his constituents and cared about others.

A good man and a loss to democracy.

(RIP from a Labour Party member).
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              I seriously wonder what is up with people. I hope they catch the fecker and don't go lenient on them because their dog got run over when they were 7.
              Lots of nutters out there sadly.

It is a pity as Cojak says he was a positive asset
              "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

Comment

The perpetrator was arrested at the scene.

A 25 year old man.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
                  Now reported as fatal - hope the perpetrator is locked away for good.
                  There's a good chance he will be - the last one who got done for this was given a whole life tariff (I was in court when he was sentenced in fact).

Comment

There was an attempted murder of an MP, Stephen Timms (Labour East Ham), in 2010 The woman convicted got a life sentence with 15 years minimum.

(Sorry just hearing the roll call of MPs and their aides who got killed.)
                    Last edited by SueEllen; 15 October 2021, 16:06.

Comment

Working...
                    X