• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nationwide Building Society House Price Index September 21

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nationwide Building Society House Price Index September 21

Key points:

(Taken from the Nationwide website)
    • Annual house price growth eased back to 10.0%, from 11.0% in August.
    • Prices little changed month-on-month, after taking account of seasonal factors
    • Wales and Northern Ireland the strongest performing regions in Q3, London the weakest
    • Cost of typical mortgage as share of take home pay above long run average in 10 of 13 UK regions, up from 1 pre-pandemic (see p2)

Makes for an interesting read with Wales & N. Ireland being the strongest performing regions.

Unsurprisingly, London is the weakest performer as many continue to move out in search of the perfect work from home property (ie dedicated office, garden and parking).

Full report here:

https://www.nationwidehousepriceinde...fc-7rpqy-3ngh0

Only compounding 10% p.a. this is not acceptable!
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Exchanged this week and moving in 2 weeks. Down 'pricing' so hopefully selling towards the top of the market. Nice little earner, so I guess I that I should thank the Tories for boosting the housing market

The drinks are on me* at the Xmas party

* free drink only available to those who have never insulted me on here. Should be a nice cheap round
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Let’s see if house prices continue to climb. At this rate a two bed flat will be one million pounds by 2030. I just feel something will give and the whole thing buckles but time will tell

Comment

House price crash forum said prices would collapse for the last 15 years....
          First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

* free drink only available to those who have never insulted me on here. Should be a nice cheap round
            You need to organise it first. My attempt was a damp squib

Comment

Exchanged this week and moving in 2 weeks. Down 'pricing' so hopefully selling towards the top of the market. Nice little earner, so I guess I that I should thank the Tories for boosting the housing market

I look forward to that

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post

I look forward to that

Comment

If you post that list in advance I'll know who to be

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

You need to organise it first. My attempt was a damp squib
                    I'll move house and see how much spare time I have. I'm also starting a new job on Monday, 5 days a week which is going to be a shock as been on 2 days mostly for the past 3+ years
                    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                    X