• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Songs they probably wouldn't release today

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Why wouldn't this one be released today? They got in hot water the Mattel over it demonising Barbie with lyrics like 'Kiss me here, touch me there, hanky panky' but apart from that and it's a dreadful song I don't see why they wouldn't release it?
    It has lyrics like this -

Make me walk, make me talk, do whatever you please I can act like a star, I can beg on my knees
    which are sexist and there has been a thing called the #MeToo movement.

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

That should never have been released at all. Just for the worst lip syncing in pop video history at the beginning. I've never been able to watch it past the first few minutes pure because of that.
      I only remembered it because All Saints covered it and in their interviews "innocently" didn't seem to know what it was about....

Comment

As we're not supposed to comment on people's appearance either. I love the lyrics to this

Comment

Last edited by ladymuck; 29 September 2021, 09:28.

Comment

You should have said it was that guy who is another well-known jailed sex terrorist.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

You should have said it was that guy who is another well-known jailed sex terrorist.
              Oops, I added the link incorrectly - I was in a meeting at the time and someone said something that reminded me of the song

Comment

Jesus wept. So they are... How on earth is that allowed! I can't believe that

Oh I'm deffo gonna go to one of them for sure. Pretty decent sized venues as well. Must admit I'd prefer to go see them in some grotty pub with everyone throwing ale around.
                Think you might get your wish at the Barnsley one! Mind you they have some standards as Dewsbury isn't on there!
                But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Oops, I added the link incorrectly - I was in a meeting at the time and someone said something that reminded me of the song
                  Two little boys?
                  or
                  You want to be in my gang?
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Two little boys?
                    or
                    You want to be in my gang?
                    Jake the Peg

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Jake the Peg
                      how did THAT come up in a Business meeting?
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X