• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BP - We Have To Close Petrol Stations...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't realise how bad the situation was until today. Went for me walk followed by weekly shopping. 2 petrol station were closed, three others had big queues.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Needed to go to Chippenham today .. the sainsbury's fuel station was crazy, queued to the A350. Heading back home I was 1/4 full so decided to fill up (my car drinks the stuff, so would have been near red when got home). Tried 4 stations around Trowbridge and Frome area ... only one had Premium petrol. One station shut completely. One had no premium diesel and was almost out of normal diesel (heard the manager talking the serving staff on tills).

Every station had queues all the way down the road.

Tescos in Trowbridge was turning people away too. Crazy panic buying
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Those cars the Flintstones drove would solve the problem. Good exercise too.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          Didn't realise how bad the situation was until today. Went for me walk followed by weekly shopping. 2 petrol station were closed, three others had big queues.
          This "crisis" has been entirely manufacturered by the press, after they got wind of the fact that 2 petrol stations had run out earlier in the week. Unfortunately, it is no less a real shortgage for it. We are a nation of idiots but if you can't beat them then you have to join them.

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
            The Tesco filling station near me is turning cars away. Only letting in a select few cars in. Couldn't make out what the criteria was though.
            Maybe they was just enough if one fuel type , they had left i.e diesel.

Comment

Update: Apparently no diesel available at all in Leamington and Warwick now!
              Former IPSE member
              My Website

Comment

Well, i'm all right. no problems here

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post

I wonder how IR35 can have such a big impact if your hourly rate is £20 (probably more like 15) there surely is hardly any impact on your total nett tax position
                  Seriously?! And how much do you think the drivers are actually on when they dont get paid for holidays, sickness, have to make their own pension provisions etc, not to mention having to kip down in the cab on the road 2 or 3 days a week under their IR35 contracts?

This bulltulip of blaming brexit for everything is just remoaner desparation. If there are 100,000 shortage of HGV drivers in the UK and 14,000 of these are EU drivers who have gone home, why is there still 86,000 UK drivers vaccancies? Low pay, non existing employment protectio, awful working conditions etc are probably causes.

This current petrol station closureshave been engineered by Hanna Hoyer, in charge of BP tanker deliveries and the RHA chief who is a staunch EU apologist. Just 20 BP stations reported supply issues but Ms Hoyer was shouting the situation was 'very, very grave.' When Ms Hoyer gets her wish of extra EU drivers, how much is she going to pay them and will she make them employees or contractors?

Comment

Originally posted by TheDogsNads View Post

Seriously?! And how much do you think the drivers are actually on when they dont get paid for holidays, sickness, have to make their own pension provisions etc, not to mention having to kip down in the cab on the road 2 or 3 days a week under their IR35 contracts?

This bulltulip of blaming brexit for everything is just remoaner desparation. If there are 100,000 shortage of HGV drivers in the UK and 14,000 of these are EU drivers who have gone home, why is there still 86,000 UK drivers vaccancies? Low pay, non existing employment protectio, awful working conditions etc are probably causes.

This current petrol station closureshave been engineered by Hanna Hoyer, in charge of BP tanker deliveries and the RHA chief who is a staunch EU apologist. Just 20 BP stations reported supply issues but Ms Hoyer was shouting the situation was 'very, very grave.' When Ms Hoyer gets her wish of extra EU drivers, how much is she going to pay them and will she make them employees or contractors?
                    If you're going to fight the good fight for brexit, try not to do it on a thread where the evidence is very much against you

Brexit is the joint main reason for the driver shortage, according to those who know a little more about the industry than you do. Correct that brexit in itself isn't the whole story, but we'd be in a better position had that tulip not happened, and it seems the Tories agree given they are giving visas now to lorry drivers lol

Of the top 3 reasons given for the shortage, 2 of them have been caused directly by this pathetic Tory government (Brexit and IR35) - so the problems we are seeing in the supply chain are a direct result of Tory policy.

As for Hoyer, the CEO was on the tv yesterday telling people that there is no fuel shortage and people should fill up as normal and not panic buy. He/Hoyer are not the problem here, but I guess it's easy to blame them than your beloved Tories and the clown Boris

Click image for larger version

Name:	_119385641_lorry_firms_reasons-nc-002.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	107.3 KB
ID:	4184142
                    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by TheDogsNads View Post

being inside or outside of IR35 has nothing to do with sick pay you don't get it in either case.
                      THere is driver shortage on the continent, but no petrol shortages and no empty shelves in the shops. Even some brexidiot Tory hardliners admitt the driver shortage in the UK is due to Brexit

Comment

Working...
                      X