• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Energy Crisis

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Just hope the energy supplier doesn't go bust.

Was just listening to a certain Mr Martin Lewis on the wireless.

It appears a certain Mr Kwasi Kwarteng, the Business Secretary, doesn't understand his brief and what date energy prices are capped to and from....
    Unlikely, more than likely mine is one of the ones that will hoover up the clients of the bust ones. They're in for a shock when they get the prices. Not domestic, but my, standing charges have gone up by about 60% and units about 25% since last contract 2 years ago.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Thursday is pension day, so lazy 'Spoons customers can pick up their benefits then blow the lot on cheap lager.
    Is it giro day too?

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Wow ... you won that argument yes ... a one day price drop that was introduced during the pandemic that you're using to support your idiotic vote in 2016 And on a Thursday too ... oh, hold on, 'spoons clients don't work so a Thursday is as good as any day
    Thursday is pension day, so lazy 'Spoons customers can pick up their benefits then blow the lot on cheap lager.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

sorted

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Thursday.html

You lost - get in the subforum biatch!
    Wow ... you won that argument yes ... a one day price drop that was introduced during the pandemic that you're using to support your idiotic vote in 2016 And on a Thursday too ... oh, hold on, 'spoons clients don't work so a Thursday is as good as any day

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Snooky View Post

I did but it confused me a bit, because Epexspot doesn't show day-ahead auction market prices anything like those shown in LCPEnact - see https://www.epexspot.com/en/market-d...de=map&period=

In their data, the UK prices are often higher than the EU (but sometimes lower), but certainly not to the extent highlighted in that article you linked to. I'm very au fait with normal financial markets but not the energy market, so I'm probably missing something - can anyone help?
    Its El Reeker he doesn't make sense normally.

Leave a comment:

• Scorp1
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Looks like we've unearthed another conspiracy nut ... mods, you watching?

Leave a comment:

• Snooky
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post

I suppose you didn't look at the link provided
    I did but it confused me a bit, because Epexspot doesn't show day-ahead auction market prices anything like those shown in LCPEnact - see https://www.epexspot.com/en/market-d...de=map&period=

In their data, the UK prices are often higher than the EU (but sometimes lower), but certainly not to the extent highlighted in that article you linked to. I'm very au fait with normal financial markets but not the energy market, so I'm probably missing something - can anyone help?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    I've just renewed my business electricity contract and it was f***ing sore !!!!!!!!!
    Just hope the energy supplier doesn't go bust.

Was just listening to a certain Mr Martin Lewis on the wireless.

It appears a certain Mr Kwasi Kwarteng, the Business Secretary, doesn't understand his brief and what date energy prices are capped to and from....

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    I've just renewed my business electricity contract and it was f***ing sore !!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post

Um no.

Gas prices are identical across Europe and the UK
    UK electricity prices are higher but that's because 3GW of interconnect cables that keeps things in sync are currently broken (well 1 is broken, 1 is delayed).

As for the fertiliser plants - a lot of that is internal politics, the plants until March got subsidised gas and that subsidy went. The plants want it back and will probably get it as we need the CO2 byproduct...
    I suppose you didn't look at the link provided

Leave a comment:

Working...
X