• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Energy Crisis

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Originally posted by silent bob View Post

bugger, we're with Avro
    Yep, me too, tired to log in to my account to get statements but no joy

Learning point - keep a copy of the latest statement on the NAS

Leave a comment:

• Paralytic
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Martin Lewis suggests that staying with the cap might be the best policy as prices could go down over the next few months and you don't want to be stuck with a rubbish fixed price deal.
    Yeah, I typically go for one with no early exit fee. I've been an energy rate tart since the market was opened up and, within reason, will switch as soon any new tariff (including any cashback deal) is better than the one i'm on. It's a couple of hours work once/twice a year.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Martin Lewis suggests that staying with the cap might be the best policy as prices could go down over the next few months and you don't want to be stuck with a rubbish fixed price deal.

Leave a comment:

• Paralytic
    replied
    I'm with Utility Point (or was till last week, when they stopped trading). Got the email from EDF saying I'm being moved to them - no new tariff details yet to see how much they'll try to shaft me with their standard variable rate.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    And we're with Green, and Robin Hood before that.

Honestly, what's the fecking point?

Leave a comment:

• silent bob
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    And this one - https://www.avroenergy.co.uk/

Avro Energy is ceasing to trade. Ofgem, the energy regulator, is appointing a new supplier for its customers.

Customers need not worry, their supplies are secure and domestic credit balances are protected.

Ofgem’s advice is not to switch, but to wait until they appoint a new supplier for you. This will help make sure that the process of handing customers over to a new supplier, and honouring domestic customers’ credit balances, is as hassle free as possible for customers.

bugger, we're with Avro

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    And this one - https://www.avroenergy.co.uk/

Avro Energy is ceasing to trade. Ofgem, the energy regulator, is appointing a new supplier for its customers.

Customers need not worry, their supplies are secure and domestic credit balances are protected.

Ofgem’s advice is not to switch, but to wait until they appoint a new supplier for you. This will help make sure that the process of handing customers over to a new supplier, and honouring domestic customers’ credit balances, is as hassle free as possible for customers.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    And bang they were going but now they are gone - Green Energy

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news...gy-on-21638978

A Newcastle energy company is said to be on the brink of collapse after calling in business advisors, it has been reported.

Green Energy, which has around 180 staff at its city centre base at The Core, is reported to be working with Alvarez & Marsal to prepare for insolvency.

The firm is the latest to fall into difficulties amid rocketing wholesale prices, and according to reports is planning to use the industry regulator Ofgem’s Supplier of Last Resort.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post

Says the person whose only source of information is the daily mail
    Hey, don't knock Vetty ... the Wail is the peak of his cognitive ability

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

Its El Reeker he doesn't make sense normally.
    Says the person whose only source of information is the daily mail

Leave a comment:

Working...
X