• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

XR blocking M25 Again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Is it just me who thinks "insulate Britain" sounds like a far-right nationalist motto? Their logo looks a bit British Front/EDL-esque
    That's what I thought.

I don't think we will have this issue next year. Looking at that picture I think the next cold snap/flu outbreak is gonna reduce their membership somewhat.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	_120569675_ib1.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	4182567
    Is it just me who thinks "insulate Britain" sounds like a far-right nationalist motto? Their logo looks a bit British Front/EDL-esque

Leave a comment:

• Lost It
    replied
    Only a matter of time before someone takes a baseball bat to one of them. Hopefully before the Police get there.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    I wonder if those affected let down the tyres on the protesters vehicles as a protest the police would be nice?

Sooner or later one of them will cause an accident lets hope they are sued to bankruptcy!

Actually that is a thought would a lawyer start a civil suit to recover costs from these idiots?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    The police are protecting the protesters from angry members of the public. Including an angry business owner whose customers can't get through.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Just heard how Hertfordshire police spoke to the protestors.

Wonder how the police would be speaking to them if they were protesting for women not to be attacked by a serving policeman or were mostly non-white?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post

I wonder how many people they had to talk to before they found NHS workers? Talking to someone going to Waitrose for a latte doesn't stir up as good emotions as tracking down an NHS worker.
    Well the reporter saw a HGV nearly run over some of the protesters so I don't suspect it was hard...

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Now speaking to lots of angry drivers including an NHS worker who has come off a night shift.

Speaking to a pharmacist who is going in to open his pharmacy...
    I wonder how many people they had to talk to before they found NHS workers? Talking to someone going to Waitrose for a latte doesn't stir up as good emotions as tracking down an NHS worker.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Now speaking to lots of angry drivers including an NHS worker who has come off a night shift.

Speaking to a pharmacist who is going in to open his pharmacy...

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    "We follow similar tactics to Gandhi."

Leave a comment:

Working...
X