• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

well done emma

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well done emma

On a positive note well done Emma Raducanu - a beyond incredible sporting achievement ... a qualifier, never competed before at the US Open, 18 years old. Hope she has a good team to keep her focussed on tennis. Winning at 18 is incredible.

I hadn't realised until the final she'd had to play an extra week. I think they said this had never been done before... and to not even drop a set.

I loved they had the chap who won the men's wheelchair event at Novak's match downing a beer from his trophy, after completing the golden slam (all 4 majors and the Olympics).
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Also Joe Salisbury - Mens and Mixed Doubles.
      https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/58531511
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

yeah I forgot she didn't even drop a set - how is that even possible ??!!

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
          yeah I forgot she didn't even drop a set - how is that even possible ??!!
          It was McEnfishroe's comment on how she's not good at handling been behind , causes breathing difficulties apparently. Well she she has the answer, don't ever go behind and it's worked a treat. Bloody good on her
          But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

well at least one brit isn't afraid of a US court!
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I'm nervous for her. The press are lauding her and they're vicious beggars when they turn.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                well at least one brit isn't afraid of a US court!
                Is that one immigrant you don't want to 'send home' then ?

When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post

Is that one immigrant you don't want to 'send home' then ?
                  I only have a problem with illegal immigrants , don't you?

I do believe we should have managed immigration that is positive for the country, but apparently that is racist in a really thick person's opinion. Changing the governments policies is a reasonable way to deal with that , making it about individuals like you seem to badly want to is a very troubling attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    I'm nervous for her. The press are lauding her and they're vicious beggars when they turn.
                    That is true sadly.

Comment

Working...
                    X