• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No haz Lambo

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No haz Lambo

https://metro.co.uk/2021/09/01/drive...ized-15187993/

A Lamborghini driver who did not pay tax ‘because it was too expensive’ walked home ‘in tears’ after his car was seized.

His £400,000 Aventador supercar was pulled over for driving in an ‘anti-social manner’ along the A1 in the early hours of Monday.

The driver had been warned twice before for causing ‘alarm’ and ‘distress’ on the road, so he was already on the radar as he headed to a car meet in South Mimms, Hertfordshire.

When the yellow sports car was stopped for a third time, it emerged the driver had not paid any tax on the vehicle.

He apparently told police he could not afford the tax and cried when police seized his car.

The story sparked some jokes online, with some people suggesting the man has ‘champagne taste’ but ‘beer money pockets’.

Another simply put: ‘All flash and no cash.’

I thought the tax was loads -
    A Lamborghini Aventador owner would usually pay around £2,245 tax on the first year they own it.

They would then have to pay about £490 annually for the next five years, according to a tax calculator.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

What is the point of making engines that can reach 218mph ?
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        So people who feel inadequate in other areas can feel good about themselves

Comment

so that they can get speeding tickets

Comment

If he can't afford the tax, how the feck is he going to afford to fix it when it breaks?

<puts reminder in diary for Car SOS in 20 years time >
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

The ability to reach 60mph in less than 3 seconds, mainly. But next you'll ask what the point is of the Mona Lisa.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

The ability to reach 60mph in less than 3 seconds, mainly. But next you'll ask what the point is of the Mona Lisa.
                my bike'll do that*

*or upside down in under 2, if you're not careful

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  If he can't afford the tax, how the feck is he going to afford to fix it when it breaks?
                  He doesn't need to worry as the police have it now....
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    Not even that. He's got a service to think about without it breaking down! That's not gonna be cheap. And there are costs even before servicing. If he's driving like a dick he's gonna want new tyres and at some point brakes. I had to pay 2.5k for disks pads and three tyres on a Cayman (not from a dealership either) so I'd dread to think what it costs for a Lambo.

I'd be interested to know how he's got himself in to the situation of owning a Lambo but not being able to tax it. I can't help there is a back story here. The only thing I can think of is that he's won it.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X