• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Official DOOM: The 'spoon

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Official DOOM: The 'spoon

"Wetherspoon’s short on some beers as Brexit affects deliveries

Pub chain confirms shortages of Carling and Coors, with one notice blaming ‘lack of lorry drivers and strike action’

The pub chain Wetherspoon’s is experiencing shortages of some beer brands, including Carling, Coors and Heineken, amid a Brexit-induced shortage of delivery drivers and industrial action.

Parent company JD Wetherspoon, which is led by vocal Brexit-supporter Tim Martin, confirmed on Wednesday that some of its pubs did not have the beers in stock, after customers flagged the issue on social media.

One such post included a picture of a notice put up by the pub chain blaming “lack of lorry drivers and strike action”.

Molson Coors Beverage Company, which owns the Carling and Coors brands, confirmed that driver shortages had led to difficulties in supplying Wetherspoons: “Like many in our great British brewing and pub sector we have been hit by the HGV driver shortage,” it said.

“While overall our availability is good, there are intermittent pockets of pressure in our supply network that are unfortunately affecting a number of Wetherspoon’s pubs. We’re working around the clock with our customers and third-party logistics partners to ensure we minimise any impact to our customers.”"

https://www.theguardian.com/business...cts-deliveries

vetran - "The 'spoon should just increase beer prices for gammons and pay more HGV drivers!"

Last edited by AtW; 1 September 2021, 15:51.

KUATB in the correct forum https://forums.contractoruk.com/brex...exit-doom.html

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
      This is the Official thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
        As time goes on, every virtually domestic news story will have some link, one way or another, to B****. It's no longer a separate event, it is recent history. Which is why it's time to burn that forum.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Oh no its Gexit/Fexit & Iexit causing a lorry driver shortage, why weren't we told everyone important had left the EU!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...l-400-000.html

Now lorry driver shortage hits Europe: Germany, France and Spain suffer total shortfall of 400,000 HGV drivers sparking claims Brexit is NOT to blame for UK crisis
          • Mainland Europe is experiencing an estimated 400,000 lorry driver shortage
          • Germany was missing between 45,000 and 60,000 HGV drivers last year
          • France has faced a shortage of around 43,000 lorry drivers since 2019
          • The shortfall in Italy in 2019 was estimated to be around 15,000, analysts said
          • Port closures in China during pandemic have sparked a supply chain crisis
          nothing to do with crap wages and zero hour contacts then? Or is that only in the EU?

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

There might have been a long-term shortage of drivers, but I bet you can still get a milkshake in France. The very fact it's a long-term shortage, but the current news is of acute shortages, tells us that's not the problem. Typical FUD.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

My mate texted me and said he was in Wetherspoons If I fancied a pint.

There was a sign on the door, no Carling or Coors. So I had a beer.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                My mate texted me and said he was in Wetherspoons If I fancied a pint.

There was a sign on the door, no Carling or Coors. So I had a beer.
                I can believe the no Carling or Coors ... but you having a mate? Come on Vetty, stop telling porkies!
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

I can believe the no Carling or Coors ... but you having a mate? Come on Vetty, stop telling porkies!
                  at least my mate is divorced!

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

at least my mate is divorced!
                    Still practice safe sex though mate ... for his sake.
                    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                    X