• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

McDonald's Brexit doom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

McDonald's Brexit doom

Mac runs out of Milkshakes because of Brexit
    At least Nandos can resupply with chlorinated chicken

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/m...t-b951974.html

Click image for larger version

Name:	1000x563_cmsv2_a4aa0112-4395-52f8-9a55-704cec755a41-5900620.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	128.5 KB
ID:	4179455
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

KUATB

https://forums.contractoruk.com/gene...ilkshakes.html

Comment

That's in the wrong forum

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post

That's in the wrong forum
          and you are posting rowlocks as usual.

https://www.globalcoldchainnews.com/...-pan-european/

In the UK the shortfall a shortfall of at least 76,000 drivers. Across Europe the total reaches 400,000 drivers according research by Transport Intelligence.

Ti’s latest research paper on European Driver Shortages assesses the scale of the crisis right country by country.

The most heavily affected European countries are Poland, the UK and Germany. The UK is in a particularly difficult position as it is not only grappling with Brexit, but it also saw many European workers leave over the course of the pandemic, as fears over lockdowns grew.

Even before the pandemic a serious cause for concern in the industry, the lack of drivers in the road transport industry was at an all-time high with many of its underlying issues being long-term challenges. Factors such as an aging workforce and insufficient numbers of new recruits, due to working conditions and image issues of the profession, have been plaguing the industry for many years.
          Treat staff badly and strangely no one wants to do that job!
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Even before the pandemic a serious cause for concern in the industry, the lack of drivers in the road transport industry was at an all-time high with many of its underlying issues being long-term challenges. Factors such as an aging workforce and insufficient numbers of new recruits, due to working conditions and image issues of the profession, have been plaguing the industry for many years.
            Even if it was a pre-existing issue, Brexit and covid have exacerbated the stituation in the UK.

No shortages as reported in the UK over here on the continent.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Even if it was a pre-existing issue, Brexit and covid have exacerbated the stituation in the UK.

No shortages as reported in the UK over here on the continent.
              Its strange when I was in Germany /France recently unlike in the UK every low paid / skilled worker was a local (or Turkish in the kebab house) not eastern European.

Comment

There's a spot in Serbia which is well known for being an accident blackspot. It's about 12 hours from Berlin on the route to Turkey...
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Its strange when I was in Germany /France recently unlike in the UK every low paid / skilled worker was a local (or Turkish in the kebab house) not eastern European.
                  Were you attending rallies for Frank Franz and Marie Le Pen?
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Were you attending rallies for Frank Franz and Marie Le Pen?
                    No working. Is that what you do when visiting a foreign country go to rallies?

I just paid attention and where my French supported it I talked to them. In Germany it was a lot of pointing or they switch to near perfect German accented English.

In the UK its Eastern European accented excellent English with a big smile (from the ladies, the men not so much).

When I went to France & Germany I expected that the cafe's and shops would at least a sprinkling of Eastern Europeans it was odd that they didn't. Shops & restaurants up & down the UK did. I also expected the languages spoken in the street to include eastern European languages. The site I was visiting larger than the one I worked at only had one Eastern European employee we had 4.

Comment

Working...
                    X