• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nationwide House Price Index August 2021

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

Can't you just use a word starting with "f" that rhymes with "reckless" with the "less" removed?
    Anyone would think you are trying to get me to get myself banned for bypassing the swear filter?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Hardly surprising that house price inflation is raging. Lots of people coming to the UK to make their home here from multiple locations due to political instability etc. I can't see anything on the horizon that is going to slow it either.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

For much the same reason, I'd like to see a d000gh thread with d000gh confined to that thread. Entrance by prior appointment and mandatory clown shoes. Can that be arranged?
        Feel free to use the forum ignore feature. Would you like some help?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I've noticed that the rental market round my way has gone absolutely bonkers with the asking rent being more ridiculous than normal.

It's just dawned on me that it might be driven by the Universities returning soon and all the rich overseas students wanting fancy digs.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            I've noticed that the rental market round my way has gone absolutely bonkers with the asking rent being more ridiculous than normal.

It's just dawned on me that it might be driven by the Universities returning soon and all the rich overseas students wanting fancy digs.
            Not just down there ... it's crazy everywhere. Rental properties are like hen's teeth my way. I'm (hopefully) moving house in the next few weeks, although the place I'm buying may not be vacant when I vacate mine .... and I can't find a rental anywhere. Within an hour of a new rental hitting the market 8-10 people have booked viewings and pretty much everyone makes an offer on it.

I had a chat to an estate agent and one problem has been landlords have been taking advantage of high house prices so are selling their BTLs, thus reducing rental stock. So a lot of these people looking to rent are soon to be homeless.

It's pretty crazy. I'm lucky that I think I can find somewhere for the few weeks I may need, but if that falls through I can always do a month in an AirBnB; that's not cheap but I'm lucky I can afford that, many poor sods down here can't and will become homeless.

Some parts of the country BTLs have been turned into AirBnB too to take advantage of higher income and the staycations, thus taking more rentals off the market.
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
            X