• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

well ****

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well ****

so you remember that contract I was bitching about a few weeks ago?
    Now they want me to stay for another year.

turns out miss whatherface has made a huge mess and someone needs to sort it.

I have half a mind to ask for an increase for putting up with her.

Make a bigger mess and they will need a team of contractors.

Comment

Originally posted by lorakeen View Post
      so you remember that contract I was bitching about a few weeks ago?
      Now they want me to stay for another year.

turns out miss whatherface has made a huge mess and someone needs to sort it.

I never pre-judge. You don't know the circumstances in which she made her decisions and who instructed her to do whatever it was in that way. You could find yourself being the next scapegoat.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

I never pre-judge. You don't know the circumstances in which she made her decisions and who instructed her to do whatever it was in that way. You could find yourself being the next scapegoat.
        I know the circumstances in which she made the decisions.
        That is the problem.

But I am no longer arguing with her. She's taking responsibility, and all the fallout is on her.
        I'll just sit back, enjoy the tulip show and bill accordingly.

Comment

You've confirmed you've only got half a mind by even considering not asking for demanding more.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

You could find yourself being as the next very well paid scapegoat.
            FTFY

Congrats
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              You've confirmed you've only got half a mind by even considering not asking for demanding more.
              i'm working on that.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

FTFY

Congrats
                I always cover myself with carefully worded emails eg. I recommend my way because of X,Y and Z. We can do it your way but the risks are A,B and C. I strongly suggest that you reconsider.
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Why didn't you?
                  You must be desperate for the work, or this is just bluster.
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

I always cover myself with carefully worded emails eg. I recommend my way because of X,Y and Z. We can do it your way but the risks are A,B and C. I strongly suggest that you reconsider.
                    Oh I am doing that.
                    This is about to become very very hilarious.
                    Like the dumbest thing in the history of ever.

But as long as I'm billing and getting paid on time, nothing else matters. I'll be listening to her complain when things fall apart from the porch of my farm, drinking my own wine and enjoying the quiet.

Comment

Working...
                    X