• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

well ****

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lance View Post

Why didn't you?
    You must be desperate for the work, or this is just bluster.
    I didn't actually think they'd want to renew me so I was looking somewhere else. It is a good contract, and the fully remote is awesome. I'll see if I can get a little on top.

Comment

Did my post get deleted?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Did my post get deleted?
        It's the kinder, gentler CUK.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

It's the boring, godbothering, tedious CUK.
          FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

I always cover myself with carefully worded emails eg. I recommend my way because of X,Y and Z. We can do it your way but the risks are A,B and C. I strongly suggest that you reconsider.
            Indeed they can't argue with best practice and carefully considered arguments , of course they can just ignore them. Or make tulip up!
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Indeed they can't argue with best practice and carefully considered arguments , of course they can just ignore them. Or make tulip up!
              Hey, I resemble that remark!

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

basically that.
                But if the price of paying off my house in a year is nodding along and letting her mess up?
                I'll take it.
                Last edited by lorakeen; 31 August 2021, 12:17.

Comment

Originally posted by lorakeen View Post

But as long as I'm billing and getting paid on time, nothing else matters. I'll be listening to her complain when things fall apart from the porch of my farm, drinking my own wine and enjoying the quiet.
                  That's the spirit! Smile and invoice.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

That's the spirit! Smile and invoice.
                    And make sure you have enough professional indemnitee insurance
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by lorakeen View Post
                      I have half a mind to ask for an increase for putting up with her.
                      Let us know how much you get (percentage wise).

My personal best was 36% on a renewal.

But i have seen some contractors ask for 100% and get it. Although in the 100% case the client told the contractor to double bill hours rather on his weekly timesheet rather than an official contract change.

Comment

Working...
                      X