• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

well ****

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post
    Although in the 100% case the client told the contractor to double bill hours rather on his weekly timesheet rather than an official contract change.
    I was once asked to submit fraudulent timesheets by a client as well. I refused as there was no guarantee they would be paid.
    The fact they are signed is no help either as that is then a conspiracy to defraud.

Don't do it.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post

I was once asked to submit fraudulent timesheets by a client as well. I refused as there was no guarantee they would be paid.
      The fact they are signed is no help either as that is then a conspiracy to defraud.

Don't do it.
      Agreed. It just takes that manager to go on leave, off sick, be sacked and the whole arrangement comes crashing down.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Hey, I resemble that remark!
        nah you are expected to BS its the client that needs to be straight!
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

That's the spirit! Smile and invoice.
          ABC - always be charging!

From a proper movie!
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I've asked for 20% extra. If I'm gonna stick around to watch the disaster unfold, I better be paid extra amirite

Comment

Anyone else smell something? Is it the male bovine quadrapeds and their excrement?
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                Anyone else smell something? Is it the male bovine quadrapeds and their excrement?
                have you considered taking a shower?

Comment

My boss is OK with 10% extra on account of "someone has to be here to keep an eye on this whole mess".
                  oh well, it's better than a kick in the pants.

Comment

Originally posted by lorakeen View Post
                    My boss
                    spoken like a true contractor!
                    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by lorakeen View Post
                      My boss is OK with 10% extra on account of "someone has to be here to keep an eye on this whole mess".
                      oh well, it's better than a kick in the pants.
                      10% of not much, is still not much

So your story is .... you are amazing, was running the project like a god. But management decided to bring in a (woman) PM and everything (in your opinion) went to crock. You decide you wouldn't stay for any price as it's a pile of poo and you don't want to be associated with the project. Unless the woman is kicked out. You then claim your boss () wants you to stay and take over and save the project..... but the PM is staying and still running it. And all this for a 10% extra that I'm guessing still keeps you cheaper than your boss could have paid a new contractor.

Hope this sums it all up

Can you see now why it sounds full of bull tulip?
                      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                      X