• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

QAnon Anti-Vaxxer Called COVID a Hoax Even as His ‘Lungs Stopped Functioning’

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Robert David Steele, a former CIA officer turned conspiracy theorist who claimed to be the first person to call COVID-19 a hoax, has died from COVID-19.

Steele, who was among the earliest QAnon promoters and helped the conspiracy theory move from the fringes of the internet into the mainstream, was hospitalized with symptoms of COVID-19 earlier this month. But he continued to spread anti-vaccine and COVID-denial conspiracy theories until the end.

I will not take the vaccination, though I did test positive for whatever they’re calling ‘COVID’ today, but the bottom line is that my lungs are not functioning,” Steele wrote in his final blog post on August 17, accompanied by a picture of him hooked up to what appears to be a ventilator.

“We will never be the same because now we know that we’ve all been lied to about everything,” Steele added. “But, now we also know that we can trust each other. I’m alive today because I had a network that put me into a good hospital in Florida.”

Steele’s death was confirmed by his friend and fellow conspiracy theorist Mark Tassi in a video posted to Instagram on Sunday evening. In the video Tassi says he was in touch with Steele in recent days and claimed the hospital had prevented the former CIA officer from using hydroxychloroquine tablets. “

https://www.vice.com/en/article/93yj...ed-functioning

No wonder CIA is tulip if they employ people like that

Oh well. Sorry for his family but hard to feel sympathetic

Comment

So, what we have learned, is the CIA released the virus to damage the Chinese, but it got out of hand, and some people found out, and now they are all being killed by fake Covid.

Or something like that?
      First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

sounds like the CIA were well rid of that bozo. If he ever was actually an officer (toilet cleaner maybe).
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Unfortunately, there is lunatic fringe at both ends of the spectrum and quite a lot of it has considerable power over us. The hysteria promoted in the media has driven people like him mad, they should shoulder some of the blame.

My whole family came down with COVID at the start of the first wave, it's real alright and a bit nasty but my fear was not that everyone was going to die but everyone would get very ill at once and cripple the country. Shouldn't have worried as the government stepped in and crippled the country for us regardless.

It is rare for someone his age to get so seriously ill from it though, the median age of death from it is 82.

Comment

Meanwhile

Ohio judge orders hospital to treat Covid patient with horse medicine Ivermectin despite warnings from CDC

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Fake news!

Ivermectin is not horse medicine. It is used to treat stubborn parasitic infections in humans - https://www.nice.org.uk/advice/esuom...out-ivermectin
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
                Unfortunately, there is lunatic fringe at both ends of the spectrum and quite a lot of it has considerable power over us. The hysteria promoted in the media has driven people like him mad, they should shoulder some of the blame.

My whole family came down with COVID at the start of the first wave, it's real alright and a bit nasty but my fear was not that everyone was going to die but everyone would get very ill at once and cripple the country. Shouldn't have worried as the government stepped in and crippled the country for us regardless.

It is rare for someone his age to get so seriously ill from it though, the median age of death from it is 82.
                Your entire comment is one that relies on hindsight. The treatment for covid19 early last year wasn't the same as now, now that studies and trial and error have reduced the number of deaths, as well as the vaccines. If you don't understand that hindsight can't be relied on at the first phase of a pandemic then there isn't much reasoning with you.

Comment

Originally posted by agentzero View Post

Your entire comment is one that relies on hindsight. The treatment for covid19 early last year wasn't the same as now, now that studies and trial and error have reduced the number of deaths, as well as the vaccines. If you don't understand that hindsight can't be relied on at the first phase of a pandemic then there isn't much reasoning with you.
                  The original government strategy in 2020 was herd immunity, this is public record but a campaign of media and public sector union hysteria panicked the government into a full lockdown strategy instead. Go and find someone else to correct.

https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/uk-...ys-2021-07-19/
                  Last edited by TwoWolves; 31 August 2021, 12:07.

Comment

Herd immunity! That's wot the Ivermectin is for!
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                    X