• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Climate Doom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Indeed, people never smoked or camped in the forest in the 50s.
    Are you sure?

Click image for larger version

Name:	tot-ac-bur.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	4176999

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Great, we've got 2 CCC (Climate Change Cretins) to totally disagree with each other. Do carry on chaps.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        Click image for larger version  Name:	Major-landfalling-US-hurricanes-by-decade-2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	494.0 KB ID:	4176967
        Hurricanes making it to US land at about the same rate as they have in the last few hundred years. Since 2000, the number of major landfall hurricanes globally has increased.

(The apparent reduction since 1930 is just cherry picking).

This graph of hurricanes globally per year shows a different picture:
        Well. There's FA that we mere mortals can do about it, so really I couldn't give a toss. I live at 315m above sea level, so at least I'm not going to find the sea making my feet wet.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Indeed, people never smoked or camped in the forest in the 50s..
          And then you get environmentalist morons who think nuclear is bad and making charcoal is good!

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            And then you get environmentalist morons who think nuclear is bad and making charcoal is good!
            How will we have BBQ's in the future? Not allowed gas, not allowed charcoal.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Click image for larger version

Name:	gill001-1.png
Views:	117
Size:	168.9 KB
ID:	4177027
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Wood? Biogas?

Comment

Indeed, people never smoked or camped in the forest in the 50s.

Forest fires are NOT just about ignition sources, those happen all the time. They are about how liable a spark is to start a fire, and how liable the fire is to spread. I follow a channel which talks about wild-land fire-fighting, there's quite a lot of science behind this stuff. Fires are a normal, natural thing but how common and how large and how hard to contain they are varies according to many factors... moisture being a big one.
                  But far far less in the 50s. In the 50s I could walk through the New Forest without seeing anyone all day. These days it is jammed full and busier than the High Street.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

But far far less in the 50s. In the 50s I could walk through the New Forest without seeing anyone all day. These days it is jammed full and busier than the High Street.
                    I didn't realise a)the New Forest was an area notable for north American forest fires b)you were in your 70s/80s.
                    You don't seem to grasp the scale and emptiness of the USA.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                      Hurricanes making it to US land at about the same rate as they have in the last few hundred years. Since 2000, the number of major landfall hurricanes globally has increased.

(The apparent reduction since 1930 is just cherry picking).

This graph of hurricanes globally per year shows a different picture:
                      Well. There's FA that we mere mortals can do about it, so really I couldn't give a toss. I live at 315m above sea level, so at least I'm not going to find the sea making my feet wet.
                      The data prior to 1985 is not reliable. You notice the step change in the satellite era, when all storms can be picked up.

https://yaleclimateconnections.org/2...ore-dangerous/

In terms of frequency, studies have consistently shown “no discernible trend in the global number of tropical cyclones.” In addition, authors of a 2013 study found no human-caused signal in annual global tropical cyclone or hurricane frequencies.
                      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X