• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Audi E Tron Business Lease - time to go electric!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audi E Tron Business Lease - time to go electric!

So I've decided to go down the route of an eletric car for the BIK benefits, cheaper running costs as well as trying to be kinder to the environment.

Wondering if anybody has any recommendations on model or places to get the best lease deals?

This is the best I've found so far:

Audi Q4 40 S Line
    Comfort & Sound Pack
    20" Alloys
    8k miles/year

£480/month with initial rental of £2,800

Seems like a reasonable deal but not sure whether it's worth going for the SUV model rather than Q4......

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    So I've decided to go down the route of an eletric car for the BIK benefits, cheaper running costs as well as trying to be kinder to the environment.

Wondering if anybody has any recommendations on model or places to get the best lease deals?

Audi Q4 40 S Line
    Comfort & Sound Pack
    20" Alloys
    8k miles/year

Seems like a reasonable deal but not sure whether it's worth going for the SUV model rather than Q4......
    Kinder to the environment? Will you be disposing the end-of-life batteries or will they be shipped to Asia to sort out.
    Most energy is spent building a car rather than the fuel usage throughout it's life.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

If only we had a post on the pros and cons of finance and eco worthiness of the cars made only today in the correct part of the forums..

We do? Would you believe it.

Loving it when people want to save the world but still go for the biggest premium tractor they can but are happy they are still saving the world because it's electric.

Why not look at the Skoda Enyaq or Mustang Mach E?

Doesn't sound like a bad price but make sure you've checked out Lings Cars first.
      Last edited by northernladuk; 4 August 2021, 16:08.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

Kinder to the environment? Will you be disposing the end-of-life batteries or will they be shipped to Asia to sort out.
        Most energy is spent building a car rather than the fuel usage throughout it's life.
        Simply not true. Lot's of studies around to try and help dispel this fossil fuel lobbiest talking point nonsense. Average car energy used during build is 6-20% of total over lifetime. EVs are greener now than ICEs, even accounting for the fact that you need to build a new one. See also https://www.theverge.com/2021/7/21/2...cle-assessment

Comment

Originally posted by mattster View Post

Simply not true. Lot's of studies around to try and help dispel this fossil fuel lobbiest talking point nonsense. Average car energy used during build is 6-20% of total over lifetime. EVs are greener now than ICEs, even accounting for the fact that you need to build a new one. See also https://www.theverge.com/2021/7/21/2...cle-assessment
          Don't take his tinfoil hat away from him

Comment

have you tried the Chav air of car leasing for this? https://www.lingscars.com/personal-c...ctric-Auto-1cc
            Former IPSE member
            My Website

Comment

For reference : https://forums.contractoruk.com/acco...ml#post2893285

Comment

Originally posted by mattster View Post

All this... Plus it's much easier to employ technologies like carbon capture and others that mitigate the environmental impact at industrial scale. That's the big benefit (also don't forget about localized pollution... global carbon isn't the only environmental concern) of moving the environmental damage from point of consumption to point of manufacture. This fact is often overlooked.

Comment

This poll is broken; there's no "I don't care, go wave your todger somewhere else" option.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post

Audi Q4 40 S Line
                    Comfort & Sound Pack
                    20" Alloys
                    8k miles/year

Audi E tron is a mouthful. Should just call it the AudeeTron.

So I would guess if that's the best deal you've found, you could get a better one by ditching the alloys and "comfort and sound pack". Or just get one of these shiny new Teslas.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X