• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How much do you pay your 'stock-broker'?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much do you pay your 'stock-broker'?

I know a lot of us here are into their stocks and probably use self-managed online platforms with very low fees, others presumably still use a broker who provide some level of advice and management. The company I use are pushing a flat fee over per-trade-commission and I wondered who people use and how much it costs them (as % of portfolio per annum?)
    Last edited by d000hg; 23 July 2021, 08:44.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Zilch.
    I'm married to her!
    "family discount!"
    Former IPSE member
    My Website

Comment

Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post
      Zilch.
      I'm married to her!
      "family discount!"
      I think that's called "inside her trading", isn't it illegal?

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

I think that's called "inside her trading", isn't it illegal?
        your filthy mind!
        But to be technical. She is only looking after our own funds at the moment.
        Former IPSE member
        My Website

Comment

About £200-250 a year total. £150 is holding fees. The rest is trading fees. It pales into insignificance with the stock growth and dividends. I don't trade much - just buy.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

0,25% commission per trade plus a basic charge of £3.50.
            Last edited by BlasterBates; 23 July 2021, 14:43.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              About £200-250 a year total. £150 is holding fees. The rest is trading fees. It pales into insignificance with the stock growth and dividends. I don't trade much - just buy.
              Without knowing that as a % I am not sure if I pay 4X as much as you or am 4X richer or what... but you probably do not wish to express the % now

Comment

brokers like Trading 212, Freetrade and Etoro are commission free. FT charge 10/month for an ISA, but you get something like 4% on the first few K of any cash balance.

Comment

Holding fees are 0.025% quarterly (min. £12, max. CHF 40 - I pay the max). That's the maximum. Up to £400 trades cost £7. £400-£1600, £16 and £1601-£8000 £24.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Sounds like everyone so far is using self-serve online services, nobody still with an old-school broker?

My late dad was quite into his S&S and had an account with a London broker - this was pre-online brokers (virtually pre-internet) and pre-ISA - TESSAs was it?
                    He was very pro-investment and sometime in the 90s he set up some sort of trust account with them for me which he managed, encouraging me to get interested in choosing stocks. This must have been the time of the .com bubble and I remember owning Psion, ARM and similar.
                    When I turned 18 I 'inherited' the account and left it with the broker. So I was in the odd situation I had an account with a major London stockbroker with about £3000 in it - I'd get emails inviting me to corporate events in Mayfair, rugby matches in Twickenham, etc.
                    Largely through inertia I've stayed with them ever since.

Comment

Working...
                    X