• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If you ain't double jabbed, you

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Firstly, I'm not entirely sure that's true. We run a nursery and we require parents to tell us what vaccinations Tarquin and Wayne have had. Secondly, so what? It's a nightclub. Nobody has an entitlement to go to a rave.
    The issue is that it will be brought into pubs, theatres, cinemas and other venues where there are issues with crowds and ventilation.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      This is a bad move IMO
      You're not wrong. It was bad enough when they were able to deny entry based on one's shoes...
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

you mean like age apartheid?

disgusting!
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I suspect there is no absolute plan to do this - it's a scare tactic to get the 30% of 18-39 year olds who think Covid won't affect them(and don't care about impacting others) to get the jabs. I fully expect at the end of September, they'll tweak this to be fully jabbed or a recent PCR test.

It will never be rolled out to pubs, cinemas etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post

You're not wrong. It was bad enough when they were able to deny entry based on one's shoes...
            I have been on the receiving end of such an injustice!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

The issue is that it will be brought into pubs, theatres, cinemas and other venues where there are issues with crowds and ventilation.
              Most pubs and cinemas don't have 1000 people sweating and hugging everyone, crammed into a space they can barely fit. Clubs are trying to be bracketed with pubs but it is not the same experience at all. Obviously it happens sometimes in pubs but it's the exception not the rule. And even large pubs generally have smaller capacities than small nightclubs.

All these young people aren't allowed to go and get blasted abroad without getting jabbed, so who cares.

As for venues whinging "oh it's too difficult and expensive" - surely they are already checking IDs and so on ( ) you just show your phone as you go in.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
                I suspect there is no absolute plan to do this - it's a scare tactic to get the 30% of 18-39 year olds who think Covid won't affect them(and don't care about impacting others) to get the jabs. I fully expect at the end of September, they'll tweak this to be fully jabbed or a recent PCR test.

It will never be rolled out to pubs, cinemas etc.
                Yeah plausible. "Uptake has been so wonderful in our excellent young people that we don't need to enforce this"

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Most pubs and cinemas don't have 1000 people sweating and hugging everyone, crammed into a space they can barely fit. Clubs are trying to be bracketed with pubs but it is not the same experience at all. Obviously it happens sometimes in pubs but it's the exception not the rule. And even large pubs generally have smaller capacities than small nightclubs.

All these young people aren't allowed to go and get blasted abroad without getting jabbed, so who cares.

As for venues whinging "oh it's too difficult and expensive" - surely they are already checking IDs and so on ( ) you just show your phone as you go in.
                  Pubs in my area are either gastro pubs, have live music or have dance floors.

So yes some pubs will be affected by this.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Us over 30s are ok we are double jabbed....
                    Back in my day, that was known as Grab-a-Granny night...
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Pubs in my area are either gastro pubs, have live music or have dance floors.

So yes some pubs will be affected by this.
                      If you think a pub with live music and/or a dance-floor is comparable with a night-club, I'm not sure you've ever been to a night-club. Nor is a 1-hour gig once a week the same as a nightclub open 4 hours a night several days a week.

Comment

Working...
                      X