• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So who's burnt their mask?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

INKSPE

Don't you send your butler to do such menial tasks?
    Only for the regular shopping, we send the housekeeper the Butler is busy managing the staff. The footman never gets the boots polished right apparently he is some sort of statistics whizz.

However we were out and fancied some ice creams, we passed Waitrose and I purchased some nice Magnum copies from their own brand range. Actually nicer than Magnums (not so over sweet).

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post

And the quicker we reach herd immunity before winter
      yep. makes sense.

Comment

It's not bloomin' freedom day. That's some nonsense propaganda term some think tank came up with.
        Wasn't it the tabloids? It's hardly like it took much thought.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Interesting. Some guy just came over on their way out and said they'd seen me walking to the loo with my mask on telling me I didn't need to wear a mask because it's freedom day. I pointed out covid hasn't gone and quoted the infection rate. He said it didn't matter anymore, just delete the app and get on with it.
          You could have stood really really close to him when you chatted and when he asked why, tell him social distancing isn't needed now.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Went into village today, put my mask on before going into chemist and also CoOp. Everyone seemed to be wearing theirs, staff and all customers.

Popped to local town and bike shop. Me and one other customer had mask on. 2 staff didn't. 2 other customers came in and neither had masks on.

So a bit mixed.
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Popped to local town and bike shop. Me and one other customer had mask on. 2 staff didn't. 2 other customers came in and neither had masks on.

So a bit mixed.
              Didn't you get the memo?

Covid doesn't infect those who wear lycra.

I noticed this in the past few weeks that those in exercise gear on public transport refused to wear masks even before the law change.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Covid doesn't infect those who wear lycra.
                I think there's probably good evidence that most people stay well clear of middle-age men in ill-fitting lycra, for their own saftey.

Not Covid-related, but to avoid general nausea.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post

I think there's probably good evidence that most people stay well clear of middle-age men in ill-fitting lycra, for their own saftey.

Not Covid-related, but to avoid general nausea.
                  and women in ill fitting lycra! My goodness some of the horrors contained in Lycra last night in Tesco.

people if you look like a weeble Lycra will not help!

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

and women in ill fitting lycra! My goodness some of the horrors contained in Lycra last night in Tesco.

people if you look like a weeble Lycra will not help!
                    Sorry, I was in a hurry and didn't have time to change first

Comment

Sorry, I was in a hurry and didn't have time to change first
                      You look like a weeble?

I had you down as a slightly ditzy vision of loveliness.

Comment

Working...
                      X