• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sacked in the City

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post
    I have found that most contractors aren't worth anywhere close to the money they charge.

I would like to say that it is a minority but i have noticed over the years it is actually a majority of contractors.

This is not always the contractors fault. Sometimes the client is just crap.

Contractors shouldn't need motivation but many are just lazy and are looking to freeload as much as possible.

Typically these types of contractors get shown the door when my Client sees how good i am and what a waste of space and money the other contractors are
    The modesty is weak in this one!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I have found that most contractors aren't worth anywhere close to the money they charge.

I would like to say that it is a minority but i have noticed over the years it is actually a majority of contractors.

Contractors shouldn't need motivation but many are just lazy and are looking to freeload as much as possible.

Typically these types of contractors get shown the door when my Client sees how good i am and what a waste of space and money the other contractors are
      The worst type of contractor is the mediocre-cretin class of contractor who has an extremely exaggerated opinion of themselves.

Almost all of the most capable people I've worked with have been extremely modest.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

The worst type of contractor is the mediocre-cretin class of contractor who has an extremely exaggerated opinion of themselves.

Almost all of the most capable people I've worked with have been extremely modest.
        Yep - they don't need to boost about what they do, they simply deliver and let that work speak for themselves.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I was never sacked as a contractor. Contractors shouldn't be sacking themselves. Their clients may terminate the contract without notice though.....

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          You still have a better record than PsycoCandy. He just got his entire team fired.
          Ooh, missed that one, have you got a link please?
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

These are the same type of people who get taken advantage of by employers and clients with low rates.

It helps to have to an immodest mindset when it comes to demanding rate increases at renewal time.

Comment

These are the same type of people who get taken advantage of by employers and clients with low rates.

It helps to have to an immodest mindset when it comes to demanding rate increases at renewal time.
              I doubt you proffer much advantage to be taken. The noisy cretins are always the most useless in their chosen field because they're crap at listening and crap at working with others and try to compensate for being a bit crap by being a bit shouty.

Comment

This 100 times plus plus - It amazes me how many contractors in finance know very little about statistics and maths yet claim to be worth many hundreds a day. Most were excel vba desk jockeys who were lucky many times and freeloaded

On this forum time and again I have seen people claim to go contracting to get away from the yearly performance review (I mean once a year for heavens sake) - I believe that as much as I believe in the tooth fairy. Instead they sprout they want to run a business and have business cards.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                  I was never sacked as a contractor. Contractors shouldn't be sacking themselves. Their clients may terminate the contract without notice though.....

Ooh, missed that one, have you got a link please?
                  I think it's this one

https://forums.contractoruk.com/gene...or-client.html

Comment

Thanks for the replies all! It wasn't a trolling post. It's interesting to get other peoples' perspectives. I did think mine was something of an outlier experience so glad to have that validated I agree some contractors are a bit naff. Others can be pure genius and super talented. I've never been in a position to negotiate a raise in my day rate, I've always taken what the market offered. Cheers, CityGuy13.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Inquiries continue.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47hyrex8g2aw6ilie373l1db646xzqgnqa4cl2cwve&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g.gif
Views:	151
Size:	3.15 MB
ID:	4180392
                      First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Working...
                      X