• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Home Security

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Double your money by robbing next door neighbour also?
    Their sofa is pretty cheap and tatty, tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

Their sofa is pretty cheap and tatty, tbh.
      And their merc has been in an accident
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Just turn up to the interview in the interviewers car, wearing their suit and rolex. Jobs a good un.
        break into their house and wake them up on the interview day. That should show them.

Comment

This is my security system

Only problem is she is soft as tulip and will happily show you were all the valuables are in the house (in her case the fridge where we keep the sausages)
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

Only problem is she is soft as tulip and will happily show you were all the valuables are in the house (in her case the fridge where we keep the sausages)
            Can she put fires out?
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

The snag is the best security system in the world is useless if the perp has a key

Click image for larger version  Name:	depositphotos_6551013-stock-photo-steak.jpg Views:	0 Size:	137.1 KB ID:	4172437
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Another tip is to avoid any security alarm with software worked on by that Zeity chap.

Though probably safe enough since the 700R never made it into production.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I remember seeing one of those daytime property programmes where they installed cameras in several houses in a street and invited an ex-burglar who provided this sort of service to case the houses.

What was amazing was a) how easy it was to break into some of the houses and b) how much a burglar can steal in just 3-4 minutes when people keep valuables in very obvious places.

The house owners who agreed to have their properties filmed then had a recording played back to them of the 'burglary' and some of them cried.

A month later and the houses had all upgraded their security precautions. The burglar this time said it was too risky to attempt to break into any of the houses.

Comment

I saw a similar program and in it they asked the parents and the children, who were under 10, in the family to hide valuables.

The burglar found everything the parents had hidden but nothing the children had hidden.

Moral of the story is if you are going on holiday get your kids under 10 to hide your valuables.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by edison View Post
                      I remember seeing one of those daytime property programmes where they installed cameras in several houses in a street and invited an ex-burglar who provided this sort of service to case the houses.

What was amazing was a) how easy it was to break into some of the houses and b) how much a burglar can steal in just 3-4 minutes when people keep valuables in very obvious places.

The house owners who agreed to have their properties filmed then had a recording played back to them of the 'burglary' and some of them cried.

A month later and the houses had all upgraded their security precautions. The burglar this time said it was too risky to attempt to break into any of the houses.
                      I've seen programmers like this before. Take away from it was you don't need the best security system ever, just got to be better than than next doors
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X