• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cats hate lockdown

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cats hate lockdown

You'd think cats would love lockdown, being able to spend more time with their owners. But apparently most hate it, and are fed up with their owners constantly being under their feet instead of having the place to themselves!

2021-07-08 Why your cat hates lockdown more than you do

So if you have a cat, sod off to some office every day (not forgetting to fill their bowls first). They'll thank you for it!
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

I wish next doors pussy had observed lockdown, it has been tuliping in our garden on the regular over the last year

I really don't give a tulip but Mrs Fraidy hates all cats now.

I showed her this story from last week, you can guess her reaction :

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-felines.html

Comment

A neighbour's cat is frequently napping on my seat in my greenhouse. Occasionally, when I've left the door open, found it wandering in the house. Still, quite nice little thing, not caused any pooey, scratchy, fleey or dead ratty problems that I've noticed.
      Last edited by xoggoth; 8 July 2021, 08:35.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post
        I wish next doors pussy had observed lockdown, it has been tuliping in our garden on the regular over the last year
        There's only one solution to that. Get your own cat.

Although shredded orange peel scattered around and a super-soaker are quite effective.

Anyway, my cat hates not having her humans around. She won't do anything as demeaning as sitting on a lap, but I think she gets a bit worried when the staff are absent.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Dog owners reported their canine friends seemed very happy they were around

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Although shredded orange peel scattered around and a super-soaker are quite effective.

Anyway, my cat hates not having her humans around. She won't do anything as demeaning as sitting on a lap, but I think she gets a bit worried when the staff are absent.
            Ours has taken Umbridge at us putting spikes on top of the side gate (it is Sluff after all) and now demands the servants open the front door for him.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

They could end up being friends though and yours will allow it into your house....
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

You can get cat doors which only open to their RFID.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

You can get cat doors which only open to their RFID.
                  We have one in the conservatory, but thinking about now it that would solve the front door. Ta!
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Although shredded orange peel scattered around and a super-soaker are quite effective. ..
                    Thanks for the tip. My cat is regularly menaced by a tom cat, and I was thinking of buying a load of metal "cat sillouettes" to stick round the place in the hope they would act as "cat scarecrows" and discourage the other cat. But if orange peel works as well that would be great

edit: Brainwave - A solar-powered metal cat sillouette with a motion sensor which when triggered causes it to make a loud hissing noise and light up starey eyes. I wonder if something like that has been patented, and what the Dragons' Den team would make of the idea!
                    Last edited by OwlHoot; 8 July 2021, 13:01.
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X