• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good news

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post

You are low life tenant scum
    I am an immigrant as well, the worst kind: East European.
    So if you can mentally imagine that hierarchy, I am somewhere a few levels underneath it.

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I don't accept your premise.
    To be frank I struggle with the idea myself although looking at the '5 stages of grief' not quite sure what is better:
    to be stuck at first - denial or 4th depression.
    Last edited by GigiBronz; 6 July 2021, 16:30.

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post

I am an immigrant as well, the worst kind: East European.
      So if you can mentally imagine that hierarchy, I am somewhere a few levels underneath it.

To be frank I struggle with the idea myself although looking at the '5 stages of grief' not quite sure what is better:
      to be stuck at first - denial or 4th depression.
      You definitely seem to be stuck in depression fella. You really should think about getting some help as you seem obsessed by all this. It's not healthy.
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        You definitely seem to be stuck in depression fella.
        Relative poverty has a habit of doing that to people.

There is an ancient circuit in the back of our brains, and also in animals, that is constantly comparing our status to others in our peer group. And when it finds us lacking it makes us feel depressed. And when we are doing well it does the opposite.

Last edited by Fraidycat; 6 July 2021, 17:12.

Comment

There is an ancient circuit in the back of our brains, and also in animals, that is constantly comparing our status to others in our peer group. And when it finds us lacking it makes us feel depressed. And when we are doing well it does the opposite.
          solution is quite simple, you have to pick up yourself by the bootstraps and:

Click image for larger version

Name:	b68.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	4172063

Comment

what utter codswallop!
            who's sockie ARE you? FFS.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post

what utter codswallop!
              who's sockie ARE you? FFS.
              I suggest you read up about the brain and what the various parts do and what they are responsible for, and how old each part is on the evolutionary timescale. You might actually learn something eg. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amygdala

The video i linked is also a good starting point.

Click image for larger version  Name:	images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRlXKTWmA3x5AasT7G7sdx8LeOO-an5I4flsQ&usqp=CAU.jpg Views:	0 Size:	15.1 KB ID:	4172071
              Last edited by Fraidycat; 6 July 2021, 18:00.

Comment

I suggest you read up about the brain and what the various parts do and what they are responsible for, and how old each part is on the evolutionary timescale. You might actually learn something eg. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amygdala

The video i linked is also a good starting point.

Click image for larger version Name:	images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRlXKTWmA3x5AasT7G7sdx8LeOO-an5I4flsQ&usqp=CAU.jpg Views:	0 Size:	15.1 KB ID:	4172071
                I thought that was DimPrawn initially.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

And you think you're so clever and classless and free
                  But you're still ******* peasants as far as I can see
                  A working class hero is something to be

Comment

Working...
                  X