• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Windows 11

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's great to see Microsoft being so original with Win11

https://www.debugpoint.com/2021/06/w...ux-kde-plasma/

First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Let's face it the best future OS is NOT Windows, the best server OS is NOT Windows.

Why are big companies still supporting this crap?
      First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
        Let's face it the best future OS is NOT Windows, the best server OS is NOT Windows.?
        They are charging (a lot!) per core for server OS now (from 2016), fook that tulip on 64-128 core boxes

It was bad enough paying 800 quid for “Standard” edition, now costs will be crazy

Comment

Ampere processors are 80 or 128 cores per processor. There's a reason people who know what they're doing use Linux distro's for their server OS

Comment

Originally posted by tazdevil View Post
            Ampere processors are 80 or 128 cores per processor. There's a reason people who know what they're doing use Linux distro's for their server OS
            yep its only the fortune 500 kiddies that use windows.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

We're better off waiting for Windows 12, seriously.

Microsoft releases seem to work on an involuntary tick-tock principle, where the "ticks" are a pile of junk and they then manage to pull it together in time for the "tock"
              Or, as an ex MSFT dash trash - known as the "Swing of the pendulum" - the extreme is needed so the next iteration is progressive but not alienating.

Too right though, with nearly all the products.

Comment

DirectStorage API only with Win 11 - I knew they were holding back on it with their strange delays

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post

Or, as an ex MSFT dash trash - known as the "Swing of the pendulum" - the extreme is needed so the next iteration is progressive but not alienating.

Too right though, with nearly all the products.
                  It sounds like in this case, W11 barely justifies a new version number. We might be safe!
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by tazdevil View Post
                    Just responding to tell you I laughed out loud at your ignorance

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      I think I stopped getting excited about the latest updates around the time NT released that hugely flawed service pack that cause so many issues. SP4 was it?

After that carry on I've always been happy to wait for a few updates before installing anything new nowadays.
                      I think that was SP6, which quickly became SP6a. My contract with BA was extended on the strength of having to fix many ruined servers, so every cloud...
                      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                      X