• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Russia Fires Warning Shots at British Warship in Black Sea

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post

I get around 17-18 mpg in town, around 30 on motorway.
    I get more than that in my Focus RS ... and my car's faster 0-60
    Last edited by Whorty; 23 June 2021, 18:19.
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

HMS Sheffield falklands war:

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

International community recognises those waters as sovereign Ukraine's waters and British warship was there at the invitation and permission of the Ukranian Govt.

HTH
        Not quite, the British navel ship sailed close Sevastopol which is the home of the Russian Submarine Fleet. The navel base was leased from Ukraine since Ukraine independence. Even if Crimea was still under Ukraine control, that area would be an exclusion zone to all except Russia.

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I very much doubt the plane dropped any 'bombs'. It was probably the exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            Not quite, the British navel ship sailed close Sevastopol which is the home of the Russian Submarine Fleet. The navel base was leased from Ukraine since Ukraine independence. Even if Crimea was still under Ukraine control, that area would be an exclusion zone to all except Russia
            False also and has nothing to do with the Turkish treaty that governs how many non-Black Sea military ships can be there, at the time of signing there were no submarines so no such provisions in that treaty. In any case after Russian aggression Ukraine denounced lease agreement - it’s null and void.

Comment

It's really a Trade Mission disguised as posturing

https://www.rt.com/russia/527280-dea...y-naval-bases/

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	5ebbon.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	4169463
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                  Under the Montreux Convention, British warships should not be in the Black Sea.
                  That only applies to large battleships and aircraft carriers (unless that has been changed) and any NATO warship below that size can be there with the permission of Turkey (which is a necessity as they have to travel via Turkish waters).
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                    That only applies to large battleships and aircraft carriers (unless that has been changed) and any NATO warship below that size can be there with the permission of Turkey (which is a necessity as they have to travel via Turkish waters).
                    Paddy knows he was wrong about the Montreux Convention, which is why he deflected to "submarine base" as if it mattered and as if it was nuclear strategic base instead of puny diesel subs base that are unnecessary in rather shallow Black Sea...

Comment

I now want to see the Battleship movies

Comment

Working...
                      X