• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Russia Fires Warning Shots at British Warship in Black Sea

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    British Warship should have expected that and should have returned fire (and shoot down aircraft that was dropping bombs in its path), plus mass arrests of oligarch's money in London and all British dependencies where they hide their money.

Now that would have been appropriate, proportional response.
    Sssh they may close down kebab houses!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

British Warship should have expected that and should have returned fire (and shoot down aircraft that was dropping bombs in its path), plus mass arrests of oligarch's money in London and all British dependencies where they hide their money.

Why do that? The money is already in £ under british control and it will stop future flows.
      It is parked in UK/EU assets so not that easy to liquidate.

The general population is priced out of many area and probably your local kebabshop is owned by one of those corporations but... for national security reasons and the select few, it is a good thing.

At least you don't drive an '06 honda accord that will be valued at £200 shortly after the ULEZ zone is extended in October and it will cost me £15 per day if it goes on the street.(or £30 if driven across congestion charge zone) For your ML 63 AMG it takes £15 in fuel to get it out of your drive.

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
        For your ML 63 AMG it takes £15 in fuel to get it out of your drive.
        I get around 17-18 mpg in town, around 30 on motorway.

Comment

That British warship is a sitting duck in the black sea. The russians have hypersonic anti ship missiles, Mach 3+

Many of us remember the Argentinians were able to take out UK warships using french exocets, those couldnt even reach Mach 1.

Comment

I get around 17-18 mpg in town, around 30 on motorway.
            how much is a set of tires for 22'' rims? do you do separate sets for winter and summer?
            annual oil change+ minor service is probably £500
            vehicle depreciation + insurance
            ---------
            I would presume total around £2500pcm

No sir, definitely not, I don't think *placeholder for any indian consultancy* employees net that in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
              how much is a set of tires for 22'' rims? do you do separate sets for winter and summer?.
              I am about to find out current pricing…

Don’t use winter tyres

Comment

I am about to find out current pricing…

Don’t use winter tyres
                If you have significant wear on current ones don't get cheap now, change both on the axle. It will confuse the EPS and take longer to break or create destabilising momentums during emergency breaking.

Especially if you use summer tyres during winter/ rainy season.

Comment

I am changing both, obviously - wrong thread for that

Comment

Or you can just chicken out of it and pretend it never happened - London House prices are safe now:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-57583363

Would not have happened under Thatcher

Comment

Would not have happened under Thatcher
                      This whole tulip wouldn't have happened under Thatcher as she was a scientist...
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X