• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Russia Fires Warning Shots at British Warship in Black Sea

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This would be a deliberate move to make a point to Russia. HMS Defender was going to sail within the 12 mile (19km) limit of Crimea's territorial waters. The captain insisted he was only seeking safe passage thorough an internationally recognised shipping lane.
    So let me get this straight. A warship sailing nowhere near its own waters intentionally provoking another country is.. what? Acceptable? How is the international community going to respond to British aggression?

Comment

Originally posted by cannon999 View Post
      So let me get this straight. A warship sailing nowhere near its own waters intentionally provoking another country is.. what? Acceptable? How is the international community going to respond to British aggression?
      International community recognises those waters as sovereign Ukraine's waters and British warship was there at the invitation and permission of the Ukranian Govt.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by SerialMillenialSnowflakeWhiner
        Russia Fires Warning Shots at British Warship in Black Sea
        According to the Russians. Britain denies it. On the balance of probabilities, I'm with the UK on this.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

International community recognises those waters as sovereign Ukraine's waters and British warship was there at the invitation and permission of the Ukranian Govt.

HTH
          Oh yes that old chestnut. Where is all the uprise and the fighting in Crimea about the illegal annexation of Crimea by Russians? I would have thought that it is upto people living in Crimea to decide which country they belong to? That's right, there was none because 65% of people living there are ethnic Russians.

Comment

Oh yes that old chestnut. Where is all the uprise and the fighting in Crimea about the illegal annexation of Crimea by Russians? I would have thought that it is upto people living in Crimea to decide which country they belong to? That's right, there was none because 65% of people living there are ethnic Russians.
            Fact is that armed annexation of Ukranian Crimea is NOT recognised by the International community.

British warship had every legal right to return fire and should have used it.

Comment

A warship sailing nowhere near its own waters
              Yeah, let's have all British war ships pulled back home.

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post

From the article:

What would we have done if it had been our territorial waters?

Why are we doing this?
                It was Ukrainian territorial waters, but useful idiots believe the Kremlin propaganda

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                  It was Ukrainian territorial waters, but useful idiots believe the Kremlin propaganda
                  I like this troll's view on where British warships should be in the first place -

A warship sailing nowhere near its own waters

Comment

The warship was there at the invitiation of Ukraine. I never had you down as a useful idiot.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

British warship had every legal right to return fire and should have used it.
                      This is British navy you are talking about, the same navy where 15 crewmen surrendered and were taken prisoner by iran in 2007.

Returning fire , more likely they would have put up a white flag and surrendered again.

Click image for larger version

Name:	xin_3404040509144061724044.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	4169396
                      Last edited by Fraidycat; 23 June 2021, 17:45.

Comment

Working...
                      X