• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Foreign nurses and doctors no longer welcome.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mattster View Post

Harold Shipman style?
    Na, but hundreds of alleged victims.

Comment

One its Dido Harding. The only job she is really qualified for is car park sweeping and she would probably be crap at that.

Two, there is an issue with foreign medical staff in the NHS and it's this. The level of English spoken. NHS Employers state that the employee or applicant if not from the UK or with English as the mother tongue has to reach or have a level of English that is of IELTS level 7 or above.

This is a high standard of English. The problem is that the NHS trusts seem to ignore this standard and will employ regardless of the standard of English language. I can tell you that some non-english doctors and nurses I have spoken to recently do not have a standard of IELTS level 7 or above and one cardiologist I spoke to claimed a Level 9. This cardiologist could not string a basic sentence together. If this person did get a level 9 it was most definitely fraudulent.
      Former IPSE member
      My Website

Comment

Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post
        Two, there is an issue with foreign medical staff in the NHS and it's this. The level of English spoken.
        This I do agree with.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          Medical schools in India are a joke, you bribe to get in and you bribe when the exams come round.
          nice generalization there.

Comment

It's something mental like 80% of doctors that get struck off are foreign. 5 times higher than UK trained.
            I can imagine that if you were in charge of the NHS it'd be even higher.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              if its valid that would be an improvement.

Clearing out bad apples is a positive thing.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post

nice generalization there.
                Well, you can find my generalisations in UK medical journals, there are hundreds of articles of them...

Corruption in medical education and licensing in India | The BMJ

Cheating, extortion, bribery, plagiarism, guest-student impersonations, corrupt teachers, under-the-table deals with politicians, assassinations, etc, before-during-after medical school examinations, are unfortunately widespread in India. [1][2]

Last year, India's Supreme Court ordered more than 600,000 students to retake the main medical school exams after they found that the question paper had been leaked.

Later on, resulting staffed mainstream healthcare systems in India are riddled with corruption and inefficiency. [4]

Furthermore, said quacks of dubious traditional practices are already legalized as doctors in India. [3]

It is unethical and counterproductive to risk patients' lives, locally and abroad, by dubious graduates of poorly controlled Indian Universities, and quacks who gain equal employment rights.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  On the contrary...

Comment

Well, you can find my generalisations in UK medical journals, there are hundreds of articles of them...

Corruption in medical education and licensing in India | The BMJ
                    yes, focus on bad med schools and completely ignore a lot of good med schools.

I wonder why there are lots of indian doctors in US/UK if the quality is so bad, why doesn't BMA strike them all out. The point is unlike IT professionals , it's very rare for a bad doctor to retain his job if he does serious mistake. The quality control is much stringent in this profession.
                    Last edited by Andy2; 22 June 2021, 15:37.

Comment

On the contrary...
                      Oh. It'd be lower, because you're crap? Crapper than Dido? I doubt it.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X