• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Will there be travel restrictions this summer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will there be travel restrictions this summer

Will Boris stop people traveling to places like Cornwall this summer due to rise in new variants?

I didn't think so before but I'm starting to think we are in the crap. I went out for the first time on Friday with the other half. We wanted to wait a bit rather than dash out as soon as it's open so it calms down a bit. First bloody trip out and we get a covid alert saying we need to lock down. I was ****ing livid. All our tests come back negative. Four days later my lad tests positive for covid. A bunch of his mates have and we are hearing stories of other people in the area that all took the lock down seriously. One trip out and we are back in lockdown for 10 days. Can't believe it.

Indicatations in my area are that this is running absolutely riot. At this rate I can see restrictions coming in very soon.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

New lockdown in Aug-Sep, possibly called differently

Comment

Originally posted by mallisarealperson View Post
        Will Boris stop people traveling to places like Cornwall this summer due to rise in new variants?
        Wouldn't be surprised to see local lockdowns in hotspots of new variants but otherwise no. Spreading the virus to somewhere that already has it in the same levels doesn't do too much. Of course they might want to avoid places being over-crowded as that is a risk.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Yes. It's inevitable because there will always be new variants and the consensus is that death is not an acceptable way to exit life.

Comment

Originally posted by mallisarealperson View Post
            Yes, reinstate the ancient Kingdom of Wessex immediately and seal our borders to keep the disease ridden riff-raff out!

(actually Cornwall was never in Wessex but we'll let 'em in this time)

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Yes. It's inevitable because there will always be new variants and the consensus is that death is not an acceptable way to exit life.
              I'll certainly be choosing one of the many alternatives.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
                I'll certainly be choosing one of the many alternatives.
                “We're all gonna die, the only question is when. This is as good a place as any to take your first steps to heaven. The only question is how you check out. Do you wanna go on your feet? Or on your ******* knees, begging? I ain't much for begging! Nobody ever gave me nothin! So I say **** that thing! Let's fight it!”

Comment

Originally posted by Great Britten View Post
                  Yes, reinstate the ancient Kingdom of Wessex immediately
                  Inneresting.

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
                  Bring back the ancient Kingdom of Wessex!!

Comment

Originally posted by ravenshaw View Post

Inneresting.
                    Fack off Greenfly

Comment

Working...
                    X