• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What travel list is Portugal on?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post

No, I said it clearly above - Govt should not have allowed foreign holidays to go ahead in the first place, and close borders to anybody who won’t obey strict quarantine
    There's a strong argument that Portugal was put on the green list simply to allow the Champions League final to be moved there so that the English fans could attend. If the FA had been allowed to bring the game to England, as first requested, I doubt Portugal would have been on the green list.

Glasgow has moved to level 2 in Scotland for much the same reason - so the locals can watch the Scotland v England Euros match in the city square and will be less tempted to cram into each others houses or travel to London.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post

There's a strong argument that Portugal was put on the green list simply to allow the Champions League final to be moved there so that the English fans could attend. If the FA had been allowed to bring the game to England, as first requested, I doubt Portugal would have been on the green list.

Glasgow has moved to level 2 in Scotland for much the same reason - so the locals can watch the Scotland v England Euros match in the city square and will be less tempted to cram into each others houses or travel to London.
      I think you're right on both counts.

Comment

No, I said it clearly above - Govt should not have allowed foreign holidays to go ahead in the first place, and close borders to anybody who won’t obey strict quarantine
        How do you know who will or will not obey quarantine? It's a bit late to close the border on them after they've come in and coughed over everyone in Lidl.

Comment

sasguru is there, so I think that puts it on the cretin list.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            How do you know who will or will not obey quarantine? It's a bit late to close the border on them after they've come in and coughed over everyone in Lidl.
            Explosive collars? You can run but….

Comment

I'm sure you knew the risks, weighed up the options, and made a decision. Assuming so, it's unfortunate you ended up on the wrong side of a decision, but you can hardly claim it a surprise.
              To be fair he busted his arse defending Tory Scum on here for enough years to expect that Boris will make an exception for him.

Oh btw, if it wasn’t for B……t then you’d have better chance of having your holiday.

Comment

To be fair he busted his arse defending Tory Scum on here for enough years to expect that Boris will make an exception for him.

Oh btw, if it wasn’t for B……t then you’d have better chance of having your holiday.
                Wrong on all counts, but if it makes you happy..
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Good news is our friend Gove, along with the rest of the fans that went, now have to isolate for 10 days.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

Wrong on all counts, but if it makes you happy..
                    We aren't blind.....but if denial makes you happy....
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

We aren't blind.....but if denial makes you happy....
                      I don't blindly support the Tories - they have made too many mistakes and most of the cabinet are incompetent amateurs with not a statesman among them - but that's difficult to understand if you think there is any kind of viable alternative out there. I've lived through three disastrous Labour governments, all of whom were considerably less competent and have no desire to repeat the exercise.

I don't see the connection between Brexit and the pandemic, but then again I'm not as monotheistic as some. Had we still been in the EU we would not have had the success we have had with the vaccination programme. Had the rest of the EU followed our lead on that, there wouldn't be a need for the lists. And worth noting it was a success because HMG put the Army in charge, who understand logistics, and got out of the way.

And Boris is not a leader and never has been. He's in charge because the British electorate in general and politicians in particular prefer characters off the telly.

But hey, WGAS anyway.
                      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                      X