• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Freedom Day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freedom Day

I don't know about you but this, for me, won't be June 21st (or whenever the purported freedom day is supposed to be) but it will be the point at which I am able to resume my pre 2020 life. The milestone for me will be marked by my attendance at a much anticipated but, sadly, cancelled event.

So, this will not be be when I board the train to London and take my seat in first class.
    It won't be when I am quaffing endless glasses of Croft Original in the BA lounge at Heathrow.
    Neither will it be when the flight attendant comes to my business class seat and checks I'm in the upright position as we begin our descent to New York's JFK.
    It won't even be when I check into the luxury Gramercy Park Hotel on Lexington Avenue.

No, it will be after I've taken my seat in the Carnegie Hall, the house lights have dimmed and a voice from the stage announces "Ladies and Gentleman - The Manhattan Transfer"

At that point I will feel I have well and truly got my life back on track.

How about you - what marks your resumption of normal life?

Dunno what you're talking about. It's all been perfectly normal for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Great Britten View Post
      I don't know about you but this, for me, won't be June 21st (or whenever the purported freedom day is supposed to be) but it will be the point at which I am able to resume my pre 2020 life. The milestone for me will be marked by my attendance at a much anticipated but, sadly, cancelled event.

So, this will not be be when I board the train to London and take my seat in first class.
      It won't be when I am quaffing endless glasses of Croft Original in the BA lounge at Heathrow.
      Neither will it be when the flight attendant comes to my business class seat and checks I'm in the upright position as we begin our descent to New York's JFK.
      It won't even be when I check into the luxury Gramercy Park Hotel on Lexington Avenue.

No, it will be after I've taken my seat in the Carnegie Hall, the house lights have dimmed and a voice from the stage announces "Ladies and Gentleman - The Manhattan Transfer"

At that point I will feel I have well and truly got my life back on track.

How about you - what marks your resumption of normal life?
      If the worse that's happened to you this past 12 months is you haven't been able to see a concert, then you're lucky. There are people out there who's 'normal' will never be the same again.
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

If the worse that's happened to you this past 12 months is you haven't been able to see a concert, then you're lucky. There are people out there who's 'normal' will never be the same again.
        worst

Comment

Originally posted by Great Britten View Post

worst
          You missed the "Who's".
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

You missed the "Who's".

Comment

Freedom day

Don't think so.

COVID variants are here forever now. Everyone needs to stop with the denial.

If I hear another person on the news say "when everything gets back to normal"

Comment

Titi bars opening up.

Comment

We had a Vet out last week to treat one of our animals. He absolutely freaked out when we got within a few metres of him, and this was outside in the fresh air. He started backing away across the lawn. Had a few similar experiences, also outside, of people behaving OTT.

It might take quite a while before things ever go back to normal.
                  Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

OY! Mods, when will this forum be freed from Gricer menace?

Comment

Working...
                    X