• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Freedom Day

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Freedom Day"

Collapse

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post

OY! Mods, when will this forum be freed from Gricer menace?

I find most of his posts quite interesting, and I think we should live and let live. It isn't as if he is trolling

Leave a comment:

• GJABS
    replied
    Originally posted by _V_ View Post

Oh I don't know, who wouldn't enjoy terrifying the great, great, great grandchildren.
    Is he turning into a tree?

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I'd rather be recycled at 30 than live to 150

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...arch-suggests/
    Oh I don't know, who wouldn't enjoy terrifying the great, great, great grandchildren.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by mallisarealperson View Post

Then we will progress to like "Logan's Run"

Get to 30 and you are recycled .

I'd rather be recycled at 30 than live to 150

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...arch-suggests/

Leave a comment:

• mallisarealperson
    replied
    Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post

How does South African variant and Indian variant both presumably more transmissible and dangerous play along with that logic?
    I assume as the virus evolves it comes into contact with more people, and individuals develop immunity/or not. I thought a variant got it's name because of where it was first detected.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...2Fvariant.html

Leave a comment:

• Great Britten
    replied
    Originally posted by ravenshaw View Post

Inneresting.

Glad to see I've taken up yet more of your time, Greenfly

Leave a comment:

• ravenshaw
    replied
    Originally posted by Great Britten View Post
    It won't be when I am quaffing endless glasses of Croft Original in the BA lounge at Heathrow.
    Inneresting.

Originally posted by The Castle Cary Fairy View Post
    Last year, after having enjoyed a surfeit of Croft Original in the evening sunshine
    Originally posted by Martin Scroatman View Post
    To be honest, I was kind of on autopilot as I didn't sleep last night & I was feeling the 5 glasses of Croft Original.
    Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
    As you al know, I personally don't indulge in the amber nectar myself (except a small glass of Croft Original on special occasions)
    Originally posted by wurzel View Post
    I think I may have overdone the Croft Original last night

Leave a comment:

• GigiBronz
    replied
    How does South African variant and Indian variant both presumably more transmissible and dangerous play along with that logic?

Leave a comment:

• mallisarealperson
    replied
    Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post

I wouldn't worry too much about that. Covid will probably still be with us 5 years from now but with potentially stronger mutations. There isn't a strong incentive to stop it as you see. More to patch an attempt...
    https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-00396-2

The coronavirus is here to stay — here’s what that means

A Nature survey shows many scientists expect the virus that causes COVID-19 to become endemic, but it could pose less danger over time.

In January, Nature asked more than 100 immunologists, infectious-disease researchers and virologists working on the coronavirus whether it could be eradicated. Almost 90% of respondents think that the coronavirus will become endemic — meaning that it will continue to circulate in pockets of the global population for years to come

Leave a comment:

• GigiBronz
    replied

I think that is a good long term plan to save the planet. I'm sure the next virus to accidentally escape from a viral research lab will be better targeted.
    I wouldn't worry too much about that. Covid will probably still be with us 5 years from now but with potentially stronger mutations. There isn't a strong incentive to stop it as you see. More to patch an attempt...

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied

I think that is a good long term plan to save the planet. I'm sure the next virus to accidentally escape from a viral research lab will be better targeted.

Leave a comment:

• Great Britten
    replied

Yes, I don't believe any of this will happen. We've been listening to doom laden portents about the "New Normal" right through this pandemic and now it looks like they are rolling back all around the world. The much vaulted Green Pass in Israel, for instance, (which was going to serve as a blueprint for us) has now been scrapped.

I predict a full return to normality - apart from a small minority that will continue to wear masks even after the mandate has been lifted.

Leave a comment:

• mallisarealperson
    replied

That is definitely on the cards. There will be an annual carbon allowance, and if it is exceeded, there will be lockdowns, smart meters will limit energy and cut of those that exceed it. Food rationing, banning of animal products, limits to clothing.

But to prevent the climate catastrophe, I welcome all of this, and hope the govt does the right thing here.

https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/wor...ys-2021-05-14/

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied
    Originally posted by Scorp1 View Post

We will get lockdowns for a long time , there are also going to be climate lockdowns
    That is definitely on the cards. There will be an annual carbon allowance, and if it is exceeded, there will be lockdowns, smart meters will limit energy and cut of those that exceed it. Food rationing, banning of animal products, limits to clothing.

But to prevent the climate catastrophe, I welcome all of this, and hope the govt does the right thing here.

https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/wor...ys-2021-05-14/

Leave a comment:

• GigiBronz
    replied
    Originally posted by Scorp1 View Post

We will get lockdowns for a long time , there are also going to be climate lockdowns
    Hope you are not implying that they raise the temperature of the planet...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X