• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

R>1

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Covid cases surge eightfold in the Netherlands after nightclubs reopen

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-ne...tclubs-reopen/
    South Korea had a super spreader who went to some bars and a nightclub.

I am continually amazed over the stupidity of Western governments....

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by mookiemoo View Post

We can't eradicate covid so we may as well open up now. If someone is unfortunate that their jab has not worked and they are unlucky enough to be in the 1% who die, there is not much more we can do.
    So all the people with blood cancers can go f*** themselves?

The Covid vaccine hasn't worked for them as they don't have working immune systems.

Leave a comment:

• mookiemoo
    replied
    Everyone vulnerable who can be vaccinated has been. Most over 18s have had at least one jab and the only ones waiting two jabs are the youngest who are less likely to be seriously ill.

We can't eradicate covid so we may as well open up now. If someone is unfortunate that their jab has not worked and they are unlucky enough to be in the 1% who die, there is not much more we can do.

Long covid is post viral fatigue syndrome which has been known about for decades.

AS they said, if we don't open up now when do we?

September when the kids go back to school and we're heading into flu season? We'd end up being restricted until next Spring!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Covid cases surge eightfold in the Netherlands after nightclubs reopen

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-ne...tclubs-reopen/

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by mattster View Post
    If the government actually have a number that they consider too high, I'd love to know what it is.
    When the Daily Mail writes that it's too many, then it's too many.

Leave a comment:

• mattster
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    From a purely academic standpoint, what happens next will be fascinating.
    50 deaths today. EVERYTHING is riding on the next few weeks. I'm pretty glad I live in rural County Durham, don't think I could hack crowded London in all this!
    Not hard to imagine 200+ dead a day soon, lasting for a good few months. What's that, another 20,000 or so dead? How many is too many? If the government actually have a number that they consider too high, I'd love to know what it is. This is Boris' biggest gamble yet, and he's got it wrong every single time so far.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    We in England are in a fairly unique position, to be removing all restrictions in the middle of a surge. Cases are growing similar to Christmas but now we're relaxing rather than tightening the rules:

Click image for larger version

Name:	_119389255_optimised-uk_daily_cases_with_ra_13jul-nc.png
Views:	92
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	4173129

From a purely academic standpoint, what happens next will be fascinating.
    50 deaths today. EVERYTHING is riding on the next few weeks. I'm pretty glad I live in rural County Durham, don't think I could hack crowded London in all this!

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

You forgot about us creating and spreading a vaccine resistant variant.

Maybe one that kills of young people.......
    We take that risk every year with Flu, surely? A vaccine resistant variant just means we tweak the vaccines, not that it's a superbug like MRSA. I'm not sure how likely it is a mutation will drastically increase how dangerous the disease is - is that typical? Chicken pox for instance and mumps are both very very transmissible, and Flu, but after all these years we aren't dealing with super-chicken-pox, or super-measles for that matter. Anyone?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    You forgot about us creating and spreading a vaccine resistant variant. Maybe one that kills of young people.......
    A 10% mortality variant won't slow down virus that spreads a lot, especialy if it takes few weeks to die. Even 30-40% MERS/SARSv1 won't slow it down that much.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post

A couple more mutations (due to spread from "reopening") and we'll be in the measeles territory
    You forgot about us creating and spreading a vaccine resistant variant.

Maybe one that kills of young people.......

Leave a comment:

Working...
X