• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What bad would Johnson have to do...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• d000hg
    replied
    And I haven't changed since February? That's when you joined...

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    More criticism of the Labour party has come in from one of its own MPs - and he doesn't hold back.

Khalid Mahmood - who was until a few weeks ago a shadow defence minister - says: "A London-based bourgeoisie, with the support of brigades of woke social media warriors, has effectively captured the party.

"They mean well, of course, but their politics – obsessed with identity, division and even tech utopianism – have more in common with those of Californian high society than the kind of people who voted in Hartlepool yesterday.
    ​​​​​​He doesn't sound very right wing. He's using a word you say only right wing people use.
    Let's not go into personal attacks. You don't need to lash out just because someone challenges your opinion. The petulant passive aggressive thing doesn't do you any favours

Leave a comment:

• mallisarealperson
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post

With all his powers he can't afford wallpaper to cover cracks in a very old rented flat.
    The fascinating thing about power is that what can be given so effortlessly can so easily be taken away.

Leave a comment:

• agentzero
    replied
    No, I don't. 'Woke' is a synonym of 'empathy'.

An example of empathy missing is suggesting that black people in England don't have a difficult time getting a job when a white person of lesser ability and qualifications goes for the job. The current Tories are in denial about the reality of prejudice within England.

The main sadness for me, as someone who resides in Scotland but works across the UK, is that a high proportion of English people now seem to agree with this public relations message from the Tories that ignores complex, detailed reports that empathy is required in the UK but instead suggests that their inherent racism of the party is, unfortunately irreversible.

Too many English people are inherently racist and not enough are empathetic towards those who face prejudice. I'm white and rarely face prejudice, but of my friends down in England I know that many do face xenophobia, racism and prejudice as a result of their accent, colour of skin and various other reasons that are unacceptable in a modern world.

As to your entrepreneurial comment, I thought you were a christian? Or do you just pick and choose what parts of the bible you like the sound of?

Only narcissists think people want to help other people in order to look good, in a narcissistic fashion. Most people I know want to help others and see equity and equality, particularly for women and those of colour - mainly because those are the people who experience the brunt of issues relating to getting and maintaining work.

Wealthier people have an easier life and much more secure finances and so don't see the problems in society because of the postcode that they choose to live in. This is the reason people in rich postcodes don't realise that parts of England have been destroyed by austerity and therefore think that the Tories are doing a great old job.

Still, I suppose lots of people call themselves christians but don't truly care about their fellow countrypeople, as they prefer to live in ignorance. I see you haven't changed.

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    You don't think 'woke' people use the word 'woke'? Because they definitely do.

I would expect the majority of people here are right-wing to some degree if only because they tend to be:
    • older
    • wealthy
    • more entrepreneurial
    than the average. It's the nature of being a contractor.
    Added to the fact that contractors have high divorce rates and are pretty familiar with exploiting tax/finance loopholes to their advantage, it's no surprise Boris gets as little stick as he does.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Power != money. Power means you get someone else to pay/do it and think they're coming out ahead.
    Power > money.

or:

Power = money + LotsOfOtherStuff

Clown Boris got neither money nor talent to convert his "power" into something tangible - pathetic piece of tulip.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post

With all his powers he can't afford wallpaper to cover cracks in a very old rented flat.
    Power != money. Power means you get someone else to pay/do it and think they're coming out ahead.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by agentzero View Post
    I see the usual right wingers are here to promote words only used by them: 'woke' being a favourite.
    You don't think 'woke' people use the word 'woke'? Because they definitely do.

I would expect the majority of people here are right-wing to some degree if only because they tend to be:
    • older
    • wealthy
    • more entrepreneurial
    than the average. It's the nature of being a contractor.
    Added to the fact that contractors have high divorce rates and are pretty familiar with exploiting tax/finance loopholes to their advantage, it's no surprise Boris gets as little stick as he does.

Leave a comment:

• mattster
    replied
    Originally posted by agentzero View Post
    Resolution: proportional representation, new parties that can gain representation. Thankfully the 'Independent Green Voice' and 'The Family Party' are seen for what they are: far right wing homophobic, pro-fascist nonsense that even in a PR system will never see success.
    Yes. We despreately need a political system that gives voice to the centre ground - which is where people overwhelmingly are in this country. Labour is/was almost completely hijacked by the left, which was surprisingly easy to do, and the Tories are turning ever further right - not because their voters are, particularly, but because those are the noisiest members of their parliamentary party. I've never felt more disenfranchised than I do right now. There is literally party that I can vote for with a glad heart.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    If you just like power, the PM has had plenty of that.

Leave a comment:

• agentzero
    replied
    I see the usual right wingers are here to promote words only used by them: 'woke' being a favourite.

Boris Johnson: Has 8 children, most of whom were with people he was cheating on his wife with, or previous partner. If anybody behaved like that who was my friend, I would have a word with them after the first incident and then not be friends with them. You can definitely extrapolate the way people conduct them-self in their private life to their professional life.

To conflate minor indiscretions with the way Boris Johnson has conduct himself in relationships seems unfair, but perhaps my standards are far higher than that of some posters here.

Do the Tories represent you and your interests? Really?

Here's why they don't: they represent the wealthy. What's your permanent salary prospects? The same as 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007? Me too. Goods and services cost significantly more than twenty years ago and yet wages for the lower paid half of England are the same or less than twenty years ago. It's madness.

The Tories are interested in supplying cheap labour from abroad and cheap labour (you) from within the UK to ensure that company owners and large multinationals get cheap bums on seats - whether those seats are at home or in an office somewhere.

Young people have the lowest share of wealth of any generation in the last 103 years. It's just shy of 3% of all UK wealth. Why do we treat them so poorly? Not a single poster here experienced such a low share of wealth, yet English people seem to want to vote for a party that has great public relations spin but is only good at PR!

Actions speak louder than words and the 'Conservative&Unionist' party have shown that the action doesn't match the PR speak. Sure, vaccination status looks good, which is really not down to the Tories but is down to a great effort by the NHS, PHE, NHS Scotland and groups formed to try source vaccines from around the world and including within the UK. Does this detract from the lack of good jobs, good pay and whatnot for those under the age of 45? I really think it's a different topic.

Looking at my own career, I can see that my ability to earn true wealth has diminished in the last twenty years. This means that those coming into contracting or our various IT industries (for the most part, on this forum, it's IT or related areas) have less earning capacity than ever before.

THAT is what you are voting for with the Tories. You are, quite literally, approving of the traditional class structure and top-heavy wealth structure of the UK.

Still, if you have a low IQ, you can moan about "yellow vests in Europe" (we are in Europe, vetran - go check a map of Europe!) and detract from the real matters but ultimately England seems to be irretrievably broken, caused by a two party political system that means people have to choose between two bad choices.

Resolution: proportional representation, new parties that can gain representation. Thankfully the 'Independent Green Voice' and 'The Family Party' are seen for what they are: far right wing homophobic, pro-fascist nonsense that even in a PR system will never see success.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X