• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Well done the Home Office IT systems - which of you was it?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well done the Home Office IT systems - which of you was it?

We needed a duplicate of my wife's British naturalisation certificate. We were able to order it online - took 15 minutes (and £250!) - job done. Really well thought out, easy to use online system. I'm impressed.

So which of you was it that implemented it. It's as good as the passport renewal service.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

I am not sure who has the contract for the Home Oriface these days. I think its either Crap Gemini or Crapita
    Former IPSE member
    My Website

Comment

I've also been pleasantly surprised by some of the government/public sector websites I've had to use recently - the Covid jab one seemed to work well enough, and also a hospital one I have had to use to manage bookings was, frankly, amazingly frictionless when I used it for the first time (enter details, get call back on landline with a code within 30 seconds, proceed). It is worth noting, just occasionally, that the "public sector inefficient/crap at everything" mantra is really just a fabrication of the right. Private sector is very often much worse.

Comment

Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post
        I am not sure who has the contract for the Home Oriface these days. I think its either Crap Gemini or Crapita
        I worked for Crapita. And I've worked with Crap Gemini. Nope. It's got to be contractors or a small company somewhere. There's intelligence behind this.

Comment

My money is on Accenture for execution of the strategy set by McKinsey with oversight by Boston consulting group to provide software excellence ?

Comment

It's a million dollar question - should ask the Chancellor

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              He's too busy balancing the books of the home furnishing venture.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                If its THAT good its not going to be Infosys
                Former IPSE member
                My Website

Comment

Originally posted by NowPermOutsideUK View Post
                  My money is on Accenture for execution of the strategy set by McKinsey with oversight by Boston consulting group to provide software excellence ?

Comment

I knew a few guys who work for the Production team. Bunch of young talented English chaps. I bet it was them.

Comment

Working...
                    X